DIY Personalized Tote Bag for the GymFebruary 29, 2016
This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #LoveDoveFruits #CollectiveBias
This year, I have been focused on my health & fitness more than ever! I am making smarter food choices and trying to work out several times per week. I try to head to the gym at least 4 times per week, but I always find that I’m carrying so many things with me to the gym: my water bottle, my music player, my yoga mat and so much more. So instead of throwing all those things into a random purse, I decided to make a super cute gym bag from a canvas tote! I can fit all my gym essentials, along with a delicious post-workout snack like DOVE® Chocolate Fruit & Nut here, in my personalized gym bag.
Want a sneak peek at my personalized gym bag? Here it is!
DIY Personalized Tote Bag for the Gym
In an attempt to be healthier this year, I am trying to exercise often and eat balanced, wholesome meals. Part of living a balanced, happy life is also realizing that it’s perfectly okay to “reward myself” with the goodness of a snack like DOVE® Chocolate Fruit & Nut. It features the benefits of dark chocolate, real fruits & various nuts. There are so many different varieties available, and I absolutely loved the three that I have tried so far: DOVE® Dark Chocolate Strawberry & Cocoa Almond, DOVE® Dark Chocolate Blueberries and DOVE® Dark Chocolate Blueberry & Vanilla Cashew.
The DOVE® Chocolate Fruit & Nut is a better-for-you indulgence that is sure to satisfy your sweet tooth and put a smile on your face!
Now, let’s get to the tutorial for making the personalized gym bag! Here’s what you’ll need!
1 plain canvas tote bag
1 fabric paint marker
level or ruler
waterproofing spray for fabric
1. First, I placed a piece of cardboard inside my tote bag. This served two purposes. First, it provided a firm and level surface to paint on the letters. Second, it prevented any paint from bleeding through to the other side of the bag.
2. Using a level or ruler, plan out your design. Make sure you are going to follow a straight line and that all your letters fit in the designated space.
3. Using the fabric paint marker, paint on the letters to form your design. Go slowly and carefully to prevent any bleeding paint. Check your work regularly to make sure your letters are straight and level.
4. Apply a waterproofing spray for fabric to the bag to ensure that the design stays put even in the rainiest of weather.
5. Admire your work. I love that the lettering is not perfect- it gives it such charm!
Now, I have a gorgeous, personalized gym bag that’s big enough to fit all my favorite gym essentials. I always bring a DOVE® Chocolate Fruit & Nut here with me as a perfect post-workout snack!
This bag came out so lovely that I might even be tempted to make another one for a friend. Filled with some DOVE® Chocolate Fruit & Nut, that would make a perfect gift for someone trying to be fit!
Another thing I have done this year is tried to keep my food portions under control. To help me reach for better-for-you snacks and keep portions under control, I made this really simple printable. You can download it HERE!
I simply hung it up on the side of my refrigerator with some washi tape magnets. It serves as a reminder of some smarter snack options and also helps me visualize proper portion sizes!
Be sure to look for DOVE® Chocolate Fruit & Nut at Walmart! I found it on a special in-store display featured in a center aisle! And before you go, be sure to use this coupon here to save some money!
Now, learn more about the DOVE® Chocolate Fruit & Nut here and tell me: Have you tried this snack? Do you love the combination of chocolate, fruit & nuts? How are you trying to make smarter lifestyle choices this year?