7 Habits That Will Keep Your House Brilliantly CleanApril 3, 2016
Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links.
There are some people whose homes seem to be perpetually spotless! Well, as it turns out, it’s actually fairly easy to maintain a clean home as long as you follow some best practices of keeping things in order & following a regular cleaning schedule.
7 Habits That Will Keep Your House Brilliantly Clean
1. Laundry: Laundry can quickly get overwhelming if you procrastinate too much. Get into the habit of doing a load of laundry every day or every other day. Make sure to fold and put all the clothes away once they come out of the dryer. I love using a laundry sorter like this to keep my clothes organized!
2. Bed: Make your bed every night. It will actually make the whole room seem more organized and neat. It will also add a calm, serene feel to the whole room. That’s worth the 30 seconds it takes to make the bed, right?
3. Dishes: Run the dishwasher every night but be sure to unload the clean dishes in the morning. This will give you a place to put all the dirty dishes that accumulate during the day. If you can put the dirty dishes right into an empty dishwasher, you won’t have a reason to let the dishes pile up in the sink or on the counter!
4. Mail: Mail and other paper clutter can quickly make any room seem untidy. Make it a habit to process all your papers as they come into your home so you don’t let a large amount of mail create a never-ending pile on the counters! You can also use a mail organizer like this to give your mail a home as you process it.
5. Counters: After every single meal, clear the counters and wash any pots/pans that need to be cleaned. Wipe down the counters with a disinfecting spray once per day, too.
6. Messes: Clean up messes as they happen. Whether it’s toothpaste in the sink or a scuff on the floor, remove the mess right after it happens so you don’t forget about it and you can’t delay it.
7. Baskets: Keep decorative baskets strategically placed in each room. This will serve as a place to corral all those miscellaneous items that seem to find their way into a room. If it’s out of sight, the room will feel a lot more tidy. I love these baskets since they’re spacious and so rustic-chic!
I hope these tips have helped you create some plans to keep your home a bit more organized & clean.