5 Instant Curb Appeal IdeasApril 25, 2016
Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links.
There’s something about the warm weather that makes me want to focus on my curb appeal. I want to paint things, plant things and decorating things! 🙂
If you’re like me and really enjoy sprucing up your home during Spring & Summer, check out this tips on how to instantly improve your curb appeal today! Most of these ideas cost less than $100 and can be completed in a matter of hours.
Instant Curb Appeal Ideas
1. Paint your front door. I like this type of paint for painting any exterior surface. It has to be durable enough to withstand the elements. Pick a color complementary to the color of your siding. A fresh coat of paint on the front door, trim, shutters, etc. goes a long way in making the home feel fresh & renewed!
2. Add some colorful plants. Installing some beautiful plants can be therapeutic and totally fun! You can improve the look of your home by adding some bright blooms along walkways, in flower boxes and in potted containers. Search your local nursery or garden center for plants that do well in particular conditions (sun, shade, etc.) What a beautiful statement a plant like this would make!
3. Install a new house number. If your house address number is old or faded, sprucing that up with a new plaque is an easy way to boost the appeal of your home from the street. Visit your local home improvement store and pick out numbers that are modern and large. Each number will run between $1 and $5. I love this style!
4. Upgrade exterior lighting. Does your home have an exterior light fixture that has seen better days? Pick up a modern one from the store to instantly improve the look of your home. You can hire an electrician to make the swap or tackle this project yourself if you’re comfortable working with electricity. A new light fixture can be bought for less than $100. We have a light like this on our home and I love it!
5. Add symmetry. Symmetry is something that is pleasing to the eye. Whether it’s a set of planters that flank the front door or a set of window flower boxes that add to the home’s beauty, think in sets of two for instant appeal.
I hope these ideas have inspired you to tackle some easy home improvement changes this year. Most of these projects are affordable, easy-to-do and make a big impact. If you’ve tackled one of these projects already this year, let me know in the Comments below.