19 Winter Weather HacksDecember 6, 2015
Can you believe we are well into December? It feels like Fall has just flown by so quickly. We haven’t gotten any snow yet here, but I know it’s coming soon. I want to be prepared to handle the worst of the weather and make life more enjoyable for my kids & me, so I am compiling a list of my favorite Winter Weather Hacks– you know, tips & tricks to help us get through the cold weather!
Do you have any Winter Weather Hacks of your own? Be sure to include them in the Comments section below.
Without further ado, here are my favorite Winter Weather Hacks!
19 Winter Weather Hacks
1. Spray your shovel with non stick cooking spray and the snow will fall right off every time! via
2. Transform women’s knee high socks into warm & cozy leggings for toddlers. The tutorial is really pretty easy! via
3. Wake up to hot coffee every morning effortlessly by using a simple outlet timer. via
4. If you can’t get your car out of the snow, add some kitty litter under the tires to increase the traction. via
5. Make your own winter windshield washer fluid. The exact ingredients are stuff you probably have around the house already. via
6. Keep your toes warm by making your own warm winter insoles. How easy and fun is this?! via
7. Increase tire traction on your bike tires by adding some zip ties to them! via
8. Stay warm in your house with your own homemade Snuggie! The tutorial is really pretty straightforward! via
9. After taking a shower or bath, don’t let the water run down the drain right away. Let the water come to room temperature first, thereby warming & humidifying your room. Don’t let all that heat be wasted! via
10. Cover your side mirrors with a zippered plastic bag. This will prevent moisture and ice from forming on your side mirrors! via
11. If your shoes aren’t waterproof, use a plastic bag on top of your socks underneath your boots/shoes to keep your feet dry! via
12. Have a lot of scarves? Use an over-the-door shoe organizer to organize your scarves! via
13. These DIY fingerless gloves are sooo cute! I can’t believe how easy this tutorial is. Definitely making these this weekend! via
14. I definitely have those gaps underneath the doors. This pipe insulation trick is so clever! Seal those gaps and keep the heat inside! via
15. Park facing East, so that the sun does some of the work of melting the snow from your car! via
16. Use an old sweater to make your own mittens! If you don’t have any old sweaters, you can usually find a great selection of sweaters at thrift stores! via
17. Run a ceiling fan clockwise on a low setting to push the warm air back to the floor. via
18. Homemade instant hand warmers? Yes, please! You will not believe how fun and simple this tutorial is! via
19. Make your own DIY slippers and decorate them to look like a kitty cat! How adorable and cozy are these! via