What to do with essential oilsAugust 16, 2014
Have you been hearing all the benefits of essential oils but are unsure what to do with essential oils? Here are some great ideas on ways to incorporate essential oils into your home, lifestyle, beauty and health routines.
Essentail oils don’t just smell lovely, they actually have health benefits. When diffused in the home, they increase the amount of oxygen in the atmosphere. When diffused in a home’s entryway, they attack mildew, pet odors and dust. Essential oils are also the most effective way to naturally deodorize your home.
Here are some great ideas on how your can incorporate essential oils(affiliate link) to your home:
What to do with essential oils
- Purchase a cold diffuser to distribute the essential oil vapors throughout your space.
- Add essential oils to cedar chips to make homemade DIY potpourri.
- Deodorize drawers and closets with little packets of scented cedar chips.
- Put pine oil or spruce oil onto each log in the fireplace. As the logs burn, a lovely evergreen scent fills the room.
- Soak cotton balls in an essential oil and place them in the vents of your home or car.
- You can add a few drops of your favorite essential oil to a bowl of water on top of a wood stove.
- Place a damp cloth with a few drops of essential oil on it near the intake duct of your HVAC system.