Easy weeknight tacosOctober 21, 2014
Are you looking for an easy, weeknight dinner that’s quick to prepare, healthy and full of flavor? Then these Easy Weeknight Tacos are just the solution – they take almost no time to make and are so delicious you won’t believe you made these at home in under 10 minutes.
As with many taco meals, there is some flexibility in ingredients. The ones I used are primarily chosen because that’s what I had at home (and they go really well in a taco), but you could definitely switch up ingredients to suit your taste. Don’t love black beans? Try pinto beans instead. Not a fan of ground turkey? Go with ground beef or skip it altogether!
Let’s look at the recipe, shall we?
Easy weeknight tacos
- 2 corn taco shells
- 1/4 cup shredded, low-fat cheese
- 1 plum tomato, chopped
- 3 tbsp. mild salsa
- 2 tbsp. black beans
- 3 tbsp. ground turkey, cooked
- 1 tbsp. taco seasoning
- Cook the ground turkey on a pan over medium heat with 1 tbsp. taco seasoning.
- Pour the ground turkey at the bottom of the taco shell.
- Add the tomatoes and black beans on top.
- Top with the salsa and the shredded cheese.