DIY felt ice cream coneMay 13, 2014
This post completes the Felt Treats series. I’ve posted about felt cookies, felt cupcakes, felt lollipops and felt donuts. In this post, I will show how I made a felt ice cream cone for my daughter. She loves playing with play food in her little kitchen. So I wanted to expand her selection of foods with a wider variety of felt sweets.
I love how the felt ice cream cone came out. It’s so cute and soft and delicious-looking. You could obviously customize it to have any scoop flavors you want: chocolate, vanilla, pistachio, strawberry, etc.
Let’s get to the tutorial, shall we?
DIY felt ice cream cone
- felt in various colors
- needle and thread
- stuffing (or cotton balls or scrunched up paper)
- Cut out two circles, one twice as big as the other.
- Line up the circumferences of the circles and sew about 70% around.
- Fill with stuffing.
- Sew the remaining 30% around.
- Roll a cone shape out of brown felt. Seal the edge of the cone with a line of hot glue.
- Top the cone with the various ice cream scoops. Secure the scoops with hot glue.
- Make a white ruffle with a strip of white felt and top with a red pom pom!
Enjoy your little ice cream cone that will never melt and never get sticky!