Blueberry cake batter cobblerSeptember 3, 2014
This recipe for blueberry cake batter cobbler was invented one day when I was trying to use up some ingredients around the kitchen – frozen blueberries and white cake mix. I didn’t really know what or how I was going to incorporate the ingredients into a delicious recipe, but I improvised and the final product is probably the best tasting dessert I ever made. And that’s saying a whole lot!
Let’s get to the recipe now, shall we?
Blueberry cake batter cobbler
- 1 box white cake mix
- 1 small bag frozen blueberries
- 1 1/4 cup vanilla fat-free yogurt
- 2 tbsp. vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup shredded coconut flakes
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Pour the frozen blueberries into a lightly-greased round cake pan.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the cake mix, yogurt and oil. The final texture of this batter should be very crumbly – not smooth and homogeneous like a traditional cake batter.
- Add 1 tbsp. of the coconut to the batter.
- Pour the batter over the frozen blueberries and smooth out slightly, but leave some differences in height. This is what will make the final product look like a cobbler. Top with the remaining coconut flakes.
- Bake for 25 minutes.
- Take out of oven and let cool.