Make taco-style shredded chickenOctober 2, 2012
I’ve written about making tacos before here. For the meat filling, I’ve used many different options in the past. I’ve tried shredding pre-cooked rotisserie chicken. That comes out pretty good but there is usually not a great Mexican flavor to the chicken in this case. I’ve also sliced grilled chicken breasts that have been pre-marinated with cilantro and lime. This usually comes out pretty good, but there is something special about shredded chicken and tacos. I feel like tacos are most authentic when they are filled with shredded chicken or shredded beef or whatever. So if you were looking for the easiest way to make Mexican shredded chicken for your tacos, check this out. It’s so easy and tasty!
Taco-style shredded chicken
- 1 packet of taco seasoning
- 1 jar of salsa
- 3 or 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- Place a thin coat of salsa along the bottom of the slow cooker.
- Place the chicken on top.
- Top with the seasoning packet and then the rest of the salsa.
- Cook on low for 8-10 hours or high for 4-6 hours.
- When done cooking, chicken should shred easing with a fork.