Chicken Eggplant Caponata Crock Pot RecipeNovember 28, 2011
There’s nothing like a hot, hearty dish on a cold night. And nothing’s better than a crock-pot meal on auto-pilot. Simply throw the ingredients in the pot, set it on low, and take it out 8 hours later. It’s perfect for a new mom like me, who doesn’t have the time to slave over the stove all day!
Chicken Eggplant Caponata Crock Pot Recipe
- 1 bunch celery, sliced
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 small bag baby carrots
- 1 small can diced tomatoes
- 1 medium eggplant, chopped
- 1/2 lb boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- small handful parsley, chopped
- Place the chicken breasts at the bottom of the crock pot and season them with salt & pepper. Top with 1/4 can of the diced tomatoes.
- Add the onions and celery next. Top with 1/4 can of the diced tomatoes.
- Add the carrots on top next. Top with 1/4 can of the diced tomatoes.
- Finally, top with the eggplant. Top with the last 1/4 can of the diced tomatoes. Season with salt & pepper. Spinkle the cinnamon on top. Put the lid on and set the crock-pot on a low setting.
- When the food is fully cooked and complete, top with the parsley for a fresh burst of vibrancy!