Getting page views on a blog post… that’s the secret to a successful blogging career, right? Many blogger complain that they are not seeing the traffic they desire on their blogs. They are working hard to create high-quality content on a consistent basis but the traffic is dwindling.
12 Places to Submit your Blog Posts for Traffic
And let’s face it… without traffic, there’s no way to make a substantial income from any website. Traffic is the lifeblood of every site and getting eyes on your freshly-published blog post is the goal of every webmaster!
Of course, blog traffic is not something that happens overnight. In fact, it will often take months and months of consistent posting to result in significant page views. But fret not – hard work does pay off.
To keep your efforts realistic and well-focused, keep these tips in mind:
- Blog traffic takes time. Don’t expect overnight success.
- Set goals on the number of page views on a monthly basis. Try to surpass last month’s traffic by around 10% every month.
- Stay organized and keep an editorial calendar so you’ll always have new post content ideas.
Looking for places to share your posts? Here are easy spots to share your newly-published blog posts:
- Facebook Page (share it with your followers – some will click through to the post)
- Facebook Groups (find groups that allow sharing of new posts) – this can be a really useful avenue!
- Twitter (share with your followers – use hashtags & post at the right time for your audience to boost engagement)
- Pinterest (pin your content & don’t forget to pin to as many group boards as possible)
- Quora (answer questions & link to your blog)
- Stumbleupon (this is a great way to get traffic)
- Reddit (check the rules of the specific forum as some won’t allow direct links to posts)
- Delicious (perfect for recipe posts)
- Link Parties (there are so many out there- here’s a great list)
- Pingler (easy to use)
Here are a few more final tips. Create a spreadsheet with all the places you want to submit news posts to. Then set a schedule of when you plan on submitting new posts (every time you publish or once a week, for example). Also, don’t spam your followers. It’s always better to spread out your sharing over a period of time rather than all at once. Trust me, your followers will appreciate it!
I hope this list has inspired you to share your blog posts in multiple locations. When it comes to sharing content… the more, the merrier!
Did I forget any great sites? Please share them in the comments below!