The Importance of Clean WaterSeptember 25, 2018
This is a sponsored post written by me for Clearly Filtered. All opinions are mine alone.
We have all heard about the importance of staying hydrated and drinking enough water during the day, but have you ever stopped to think about what’s actually in your tap water? In fact, there is a wide variety of contaminants present in the tap water in so many communities throughout the nation. A few weeks ago, I installed the 3-Stage Under-the-Sink Water Filtration System from Clearly Filtered. That system provides clean water for our kitchen and the main level of our house. However, for the lower level of the house, I got one of these Clearly Filtered Water Pitchers, which gives me total peace of mind that our drinking water throughout the home is clean & pure.
The Clearly Filtered Water Pitcher features Affinity™ filtration, which removes more contaminants & carcinogens than many other filters on the market! In fact, it features a 3-stage process to attract & chemically bond 186 contaminants. What’s amazing is that this pitcher still maintains healthy nutrients and minerals so the water truly tastes great!
Getting the pitcher set up is quick & easy. Start by using the included flushing disk to flush water through the filter. Unlike other models on the market, this pitcher comes with a flushing disk to ensure that the filter is properly flushed & ready for maximum efficiency. By the way, check out the clean, modern design of this pitcher. I love that it’s constructed from BPA-free Tritan plastic for safe, effective filtration!
Once the filter has been properly flushed and inserted into the pitcher, it removes 186 contaminants from typical tap water. Keep in mind that when it comes to filters, fastest is not necessarily the goal. In fact, the longer contact time between the water and the filter is what enables this filter to extract a wide variety of impurities from the water, including fluoride, chromium-6, lead and so much more. With Clearly Filtered, the claims are independently audited and verified… so what they’re claiming to remove equals what is actually being removed! Indeed Clearly Filtered water is the smart choice for my family!
As a chemical engineer myself, I actually studied tap water in college, assessing the various components of typical tap water. Wondering what may be in your water? Here are some interesting findings:
- Tap water can contain fluoride. While the Clearly Filtered pitcher removes 98% of it, many other leading water filters make no claim of removing it.
- Tap water can contain arsenic. While the Clearly Filtered pitcher removes 99.6% of it, many other leading water filters make no claim of removing it.
- Tap water can contain bacteria. While the Clearly Filtered pitcher removes 99.9% of it, many other leading water filters make no claim of removing it.
- Tap water can contain Chromium-6, Pharmaceuticals, Hormones, Trihalomethanes and Herbicides. While the Clearly Filtered pitcher removes 99.9% of it, many other leading water filters make no claim of removing it.
- Tap water can contain pesticides. While the Clearly Filtered pitcher removes 99.9% of it, Brita and Soma filters make no claim of removing it. PUR filters remove only 92.6% of it.
- Tap water can contain lead. While the Clearly Filtered pitcher removes 99.5% of it, Brita and Soma filters make no claim of removing it. PUR filters removes 99.5% of it.
Seeing how the Clearly Filtered Pitcher stacks up against other common models on the marketplace is pretty eye-opening, isn’t it? With Clearly Filtered pitchers, so many contaminants are extracted from the water so you can enjoy clean, fresh water with every single sip! I’ve been striving to drink eight glasses of water per day and I love that the pitcher holds eight cups… so it’s super easy to keep track of my water consumption! By the way, the Clearly Filtered Pitcher comes with a Lifetime Warranty so you can rest assured that the parts are designed to last and perform for the long haul.
So what are you waiting for? Experience Clearly Filtered water for yourself! How much water do you drink each day?