This shop, featuring a DIY No-Sew Monster Laundry Bag, has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #Wisk60 #CollectiveBias
When it comes to doing laundry, I’m always looking for ways to make my life easier. One way that I’ve done that is by encouraging my kids to put their dirty clothes in a hamper or laundry bag (as opposed to the floor!) Today, I’m going to show you how to make this easy DIY Monster Laundry Bag. And by the way, if you don’t sew, don’t run away. This laundry bag can be put together without even one stitch- my type of project! Another way I try to make my life easier is by using products that work well, such as Wisk Deep Clean® Fresh Breeze. For over 60 years, Wisk has been a premium laundry detergent brand that’s known for effectively fighting the toughest stains, including that famous Ring Around the Collar®. That’s definitely the kind of detergent I want in my laundry room!
Want a sneak peek at my DIY No-Sew Monster Laundry Bag now?
DIY No-Sew Monster Laundry Bag
Did you know that in an average load, the ratio of hidden body oils & sweat to visible stains is 20 to 1? Isn’t that shocking? With Wisk Deep Clean® Fresh Breeze, you don’t have to worry about those hidden body oils & sweat. In fact, the formulation of Wisk Deep Clean® contains a revolutionary blend of Micro-Cleaners® that effectively combat one of the worst laundry offenders: hidden body oils & sweat that are trapped within the fiber of your clothes! When it comes to getting your clothing cleaner than ever, “Don’t Just Wash It, Wisk It!”
Are you ready to see how to make one of those Monster Laundry Bags for yourself?
purple pillow case
glittery silver foam sheet
silver fabric tape
iron-on hem tape
hot glue & glue gun
1. The first step is to close the opening of the pillow case using the iron-on hem tape. Simply lay a strip of the tape along the opening of the pillow case and then iron to seal.
2. Now, let’s cut a rectangle of about 8″x4″ for the monster’s mouth. Make sure you place it about 1/3 of the way down the pillow case and make sure you only cut through one sheet of the pillow case.
3. Let’s now cut out the various features of the monster’s face. Using a pencil, freehand draw some large eyes and teeth on the piece of white felt. Cut them out. Also, cut out some smaller circles from the purple felt and a tongue shape from the glittery silver foam sheet.
4. Now, let’s add those eyes to the monster. Using the hem tape and an iron, attach the white circles to the pillow case first and then top with the smaller purple circles.
5. No monster is complete without some teeth. Using the hem tape and an iron, attach the teeth to the inner top part of the mouth and attach the tongue to the lower part of the mouth.
6. Let’s finish off the mouth a bit and make it look a bit more professional. Simply use the silver fabric tape to line the raw edge perimeter of the mouth. This is really looking a lot better now.
7. The last thing our little monster needs is some purple hair! If you’ve never made a yarn pom-pom before, here’s a quick picture tutorial!
Now, make a large pom-pom from the purple yarn and use some hot glue to attach it to the top of the pillow case.
Our No-Sew Monster Laundry Bag is complete! You can simply pop dirty clothes into the pocket formed by the hungry monster’s mouth!
To hang it up, I simply used a pants hanger to hold up the ends of the top of the pillowcase. I hung it on the doorknob and it’s a perfect solution for keeping my kids’ clothes in order. When it’s time for me to do the laundry, I love that I can grab the whole laundry bag and bring it down to the utility room.
Speaking of laundry, did you know that Wisk detergent is turning 60?! It was actually the first liquid laundry detergent on the market! Yes, it’s a detergent with a long-standing history of effectiveness and it still delivers the same powerful clean today that it did 60 years ago when it came on the market.
My husband and I exercise daily and our kids are also very active every day, so it’s important that we use a detergent that’s powerful against body oils & sweat. That’s why I love Wisk Deep Clean® Fresh Breeze– it offers an added boost of freshness that’s safe for both standard and HE washing machines! In fact, Wisk Deep Clean® Fresh Breeze goes beyond surface stains to remove the hidden body oils & sweat that other detergents can leave behind.*
*Compared to the leading variant of the top three liquid value brand.
Be sure to follow the directions for use on the packaging exactly. With Wisk Deep Clean® Fresh Breeze, our clothing & towels achieve a really premium level of clean! Also, the scent is lovely and the value is fabulous!
I often pick up my laundry detergent when I’m at my local Stop & Shop buying groceries. It’s so convenient and there’s such a great selection. Look for Wisk Deep Clean® Fresh Breeze in the detergent aisle of your local Stop & Shop. You can also shop for Wisk Deep Clean® Free & Pure online here.
Now, learn more about how Wisk Deep Clean® Fresh Breeze can help you fight the toughest stains on your clothes and tell me: Have you ever made a Laundry Bag for dirty clothes? Would you love to try the Wisk Deep Clean® Fresh Breeze detergent? Would you love to remove hidden body oils & sweat from your clothing to achieve a premium level of clean?