This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and Breathe Right® Nasal Strips. All opinions are mine alone. #TomorrowStartsTonight #CollectiveBias
In order to have a great day tomorrow, one thing is certain: I need to get restful sleep tonight! As a mom of two young kids, I don’t always get as much sleep as I’d like, but I do value my sleep and I take basic measures to ensure I get adequate rest at night. Today, I’ll be sharing the tutorial for making a DIY Lavender Sleep Mask. The scent of lavender is so calming, and this mask totally helps me relax at night. To keep my husband’s nasal congestion at bay, I recently bought some Breathe Right® Nasal Strips. These strips are the perfect solution for his noisy mouth breathing. With these things, we are both set for a great night’s sleep!
Does your partner ever wake you up due to nasal congestion or mouth breathing? I have experienced such wake-ups before, and it totally disrupts my sleep cycle. Once I wake up, I have trouble falling back asleep, and so my husband’s mouth breathing is a problem I needed to take care of! Breathe Right® Nasal Strips Extra Tan are the perfect solution, as they are clinically proven to lift the nasal passage and open the nose for better breathing. Before I discuss even more reasons on why we we’re loving Breathe Right® Nasal Strips, let me share my tutorial on how I made the sleep mask.
DIY Lavender Sleep Mask
Here’s what you’ll need for this project:
- fabric, about 1/4 yard
- 1 cup rice
- 1/2 cup dried lavender flowers
- permanent fabric glue
- pair of scissors
- Start by cutting a rectangle from the fabric that’s approximately 20″x4″ in size. Fold over about 1/4″ of the fabric on all sides and use the iron to make the edges smooth.
2. This is what the right side of the fabric should look like at this point. Notice the nice, crisp edges!
3. We will soon fold this in half lengthwise to form our sleep mask. First, apply fabric glue to three of the sides, as shown in the following image.
4. Now, it’s time to fold the fabric over. Let the glue dry fully. Now, we have a rectangular pouch, where three sides are sealed and one is open.
5. Fill the pouch with a mixture of rice and dried lavender flowers.
6. Use fabric glue on the final open edge to completely seal the pouch.
I love the way this little pouch came out. The fabric is gorgeous and this mask smells like lavender! I can even microwave it for ~10 seconds to warm it up a bit before placing it over my eyes! This sleep mask is sure to relax me in the evenings and help me get a good night’s sleep.
Speaking of great sleep, my husband deals with nasal congestion overnight, and his mouth breathing can sometimes be a bit noisy! I got some Breathe Right® Nasal Strips for him- they really help relieve his nasal congestion fast! In fact, they work for many different causes of nasal congestion, including colds and allergies! I got the Extra Tan Nasal Strips.
Did you know that Breathe Right® Nasal Strips are clinically proven to lift the nasal passage and open the nose for better breathing? Better breathing results in better sleeping- now, that’s something to smile about! These nasal strips are free of drugs and are offered in a variety of options depending on your needs (sensitive skin, calming scent, etc.) Each strip is individually wrapped for ease of use and convenience.
If your stuffy nose is preventing you from getting restful sleep at night, try Breathe Right® and get better sleep tonight! Amazingly, these strips have been shown to open your nasal passages up to 38% more than cold or allergy medicines alone?* (*versus decongestant sprays alone) I love that my husband can get the congestion relief without having to ingest any drugs.
It’s actually very easy to apply these strips to your nose!
- Simply wash & dry the nose to remove oils & dirt.
- Remove the liner and place the strip on the nose.
- Press the ends down to secure the strip.
Note that each strip should be used only once. To remove the strip, simply wash face with warm remove and remove gently.
Trying to get better rest at night? Here are some tips that have helped me achieve a better night’s sleep!
- Stick to a bedtime schedule. It’s important to follow a strict routine when it comes to going to bed at night. Try to get in bed at the same time every night and wake up at the same time in the mornings (even on weekends).
- Avoid exercising or engaging in stressful activities before bedtime. Exercising too closely to bedtime can raise alertness levels. Engaging in stressful conversations can also cause anxiety. Stick to relaxing activities in the evening, such as reading or writing.
- Put electronics away a few hours before bedtime. Looking at electronic screens in bed or close to bedtime can disrupt one’s sleep cycle, so leave the phone, tablet and computer out of the bedroom.
- Create a comfortable environment. Most people prefer a room that is cool, dark and quiet- make sure your bedroom is conducive to a restful night’s sleep.
- Avoid caffeine late in the day. If you’re craving coffee in the late afternoon, go with decaf! I personally react strongly to caffeine, so I almost never opt for a caffeinated coffee.
I found my Breathe Right® Nasal Strips at Walmart during a recent shopping trip. Look for these strips in the pharmacy area of your local Walmart store to get a great everyday value on these strips. Before you head to the store, be sure to take advantage of this fabulous offer, where you can get a $1 coupon and/or free sample!
Now, find out how Breathe Right® Nasal Strips can help you get better sleep and tell me: What are your best sleep tips? Have you ever tried these strips? Does your partner ever wake you up due to mouth breathing?