Temperatures around here have risen into the 60’s recently and that means one thing: Spring is here! When I think about Spring, I think about spending time outdoors, grilling food, gardening, and of course, Spring cleaning! When it comes to Spring cleaning, nothing is as important as planning ahead and making sure you have the right supplies on hand to make the process easier! To kick off some Spring cleaning inspiration today, I’m sharing some brilliant tips for cleaning a bathroom quickly & efficiently. Using some clever time-saving tips & fabulous products like Viva® Vantage® Paper Towels, Cottonelle® Toilet Paper, and Scott® 1000 Bathroom Tissue, a sparkling clean bathroom can be achieved in no time!
9 Brilliant Tips for Quickly Cleaning the Bathroom
1. Gather your supplies! When it comes to cleaning, having all your supplies neatly organized in a single caddy makes a big difference. If you have to find various products & supplies from all over the house every time you have to clean, it will really slow you down – and significantly discourage you from keeping up with a regular cleaning routine. I like to keep all my cleaning essentials in this easy-to-carry organizer caddy. I keep a few spray bottles with my fave cleaning sprays, two different types of Viva® Paper Towels, a scrub brush, an old toothbrush, a pumice scouring stick and some rubber gloves. Having this on hand makes regular cleaning a breeze!
2. Clean the toilet! Add a toilet bowl cleaner to the toilet and let it sit while you work on the rest of the room.
3. Wipe down sink, counter top and light switch plates! Spray an all-purpose cleaner on the counter top, sink, faucet, and light switch plates. Wipe with a Viva® Vantage® Paper Towel. I love how Viva® Vantage® has a scrubby texture (like a terrycloth) so it’s a fabulous product for getting tough stains out (like removing toothpaste off the bathroom sink). Their cloth-like durability make them very effective at scrubbing off grime from the faucet and getting a nice shine on the chrome faucet! Also, I love that when I’m done cleaning, I can simply throw the paper towel away. When it comes to cleaning bathroom surfaces, I don’t want to re-use cleaning cloths!
4. Do a quick sweep of the floor! It should only take 60 seconds to quickly sweep up the floor in the bathroom and also empty the trash bin.
5. Scrub the tile floor! If I see an area of the tile floor with some soap scum or dirt build-up, I will use this thick scouring pad to clean it. First, I spray a tile cleaner. Next, I scrub with this heavy-duty scouring pad. Finally, I wipe it away with a Viva® Vantage® Paper Towel. These paper towels offer a lovely cloth-like texture, but are still durable enough to handle tough everyday messes!
6. Clean grout! If I notice any areas of the grout that have become dingy or discolored, I will spot treat it. An old toothbrush and some tile cleaner are wonderful tools for refreshing old grout!
7. Clean the mirror! Spray a glass cleaner on the mirror and use a Viva® Towel to wipe it clean! Did you know that Viva® Towels have a uniquely soft texture that feels just like a cloth?! I love using them when cleaning my bathroom. They are soft enough not to scratch any surfaces, but they are durable enough to get a nice, deep clean! (By the way, these Viva® Towels are so versatile and can be used for so many cleaning jobs around the house. I love to use them to wipe baseboards, clean appliances and even wipe my kids’ hands after a messy meal!)
8. Remove hard water deposits! To remove hard water deposits that have accumulated on the bathtub or toilet bowl, I like to use a pumice scouring stick. Simply wet it under running water and scrub over the deposits to remove them. For obvious reasons, keep separate scouring sticks for the toilet & tub.
9. Keep your essentials stocked! While in cleaning mode, I decided to make sure we had enough toilet paper in the house. I’m stocking up on the Cottonelle® Clean Care Toilet Paper Double Rolls. I love that it has a unique CleanRipple Texture, which is actually designed to clean better than the leading national value brand! My potty-training daughter loves this brand for wiping her “bum”. I’m also stocking up on Scott® 1000 Bathroom Tissue, which provides fabulous performance and a great value in 1,000 sheets! To keep my essentials organized, I placed all the extra rolls in this cute basket to keep spare rolls easily accessible.
Gather the supplies you’ll need to get your bathroom – and the rest of your house – clean & organized this Spring from Walmart!
I found all the supplies I’ll need in the Cleaning aisles of my local Walmart store. Everything was so easy to find and I love that I can get all the products I need at a great price at a single store! Look for your favorite Viva®, Cottonelle® and Scott® products at your local Walmart. Get ready for #SpringClean16 at #Walmart !
Now, learn more about how these products can help you achieve a beautiful Spring clean this season and tell me: Have you started cleaning for Spring? What are your tips for quickly cleaning a bathroom?