Baking soda is one of those things that most of us have in the house at all times. It can be used in so many household tasks, such as baking, cleaning, and so much more. If you’d like to find out some unique, new ways to use baking soda, be sure to check out my list below.
25+ New Uses for Baking Soda
1. Scrub pans. There’s nothing more effective at removing stains from pots & pans than sprinkling some baking soda on them and putting in some elbow grease.
2. Exfoliate skin. You can make a soft paste using baking soda and water. Massage gently in circular motion.
3. Brush teeth. You can use a baking soda & water paste to brush your teeth.
4. Deodorize. A little baking soda under the arms can be used to absorb body odor.
5. Clean up oil spills on the floor in the kitchen or garage.
6. Combat indigestion. Only 1/4 tsp of baking soda in a glass of water will work as a mild antacid.
7. Soak hair and makeup brushes in a mixture of 1 tsp of baking soda and some water.
8. Add baking soda to the next load of laundry to get clothing cleaner.
9. Use some baking soda to clean produce. Simply place some baking soda on a sponge and scrub.
10. Freshen rugs with some baking soda and vacuum after 15 minutes.
11. Add some baking soda to a bath for an at-home spa treatment.
12. Have a cat? Sprinkle some baking soda in the kitty box to deodorize.
13. Scrub tile floor with a mix of baking soda and liquid soap. Scrub with a brush.
14. Clean the dishwasher by running it while empty with baking soda.
15. Add a bit of baking soda to your conditioner to make hair more resistant to split ends.
16. Clean the toilet by adding baking soda to the bowl and then scrubbing with a toilet brush.
17. To soothe a bug bite, apply a paste of baking soda and water and apply it directly to the spot.
18. Fight dandruff by rubbing baking soda int the scalp. Rinse.
19. Soften hands with a mixture of baking soda and water. Avoid harsh soaps and enjoy soft hands.
20. Clean sponges. Soak sponges in a baking soda solution to avoid any foul odors.
21. Clean the microwave with a paste of baking soda and water to remove any stuck-on messes.
22. Skip the detergent altogether and wash delicate baby clothes in baking soda only.
23. Use a baking soda paste to scrub car headlights and tires. Rinse with water.
24. Sprinkle some baking soda at the bottom of a trash can to keep odors at bay.
25. Garbage disposals can get smelly so easily. Sprinkle some baking soda in there every day and rinse with water to absorb smells.
26. Do your kids’ lunchboxes need to be freshened up? Add a teaspoon of baking soda in there between uses. Just wipe clean before using again.