Sweet & Creamy Avocado Milkshake with DairyPure MilkMay 13, 2015
This post brought to you by DairyPure Milk. The content and opinions expressed below are that of Engineer Mommy.
The weather is definitely warming up around here, and I am constantly on the lookout for easy drink recipes that will hydrate my family and me in a healthy and nutritious way. I created this recipe for a Creamy Avocado Milkshake using ingredients that I know are pure and all-natural! So I can offer this slightly sweet milkshake to my daughters and husband without any guilt! And of course, I myself can enjoy a tall cold glass of this drink regularly. This milkshake drink features DairyPure milk, which has the apt slogan: Starts Pure. Stays Pure. Learn more about DairyPure
Have you guys tried DairyPure? It’s a great milk, especially for those of us who care about the quality and purity of the food and drinks we ingest- isn’t that all of us? I love purchasing this milk from the store, because it is the only milk backed by a unique 5 Point Purity Promise:
- There are no artificial growth hormones- perfect! Please note that no significant difference has been shown between milk derived from cows treated with the artificial growth hormone rbST and non‐rbST‐treated cows.
- All of the milk from DairyPure is tested for antibiotics!
- The milk is constantly tested for quality and purity!
- The milk is derived from cows that are fed a healthy diet!
- Also, the milk is always cold-shipped fresh from your local dairy!
I love how all-natural and pure the milk from DairyPure is, and I am confident that my family is benefiting from all the nutrients in this wonderful milk! So, let’s move on to the milkshake recipe, shall we? This recipe is a quick and easy one. With the weather getting so warm outside, there will be no marathon cooking sessions over here. I’m all about easy, fast and simple. And this milkshake recipe delivers on all three!
Featuring just a few natural ingredients, this milkshake recipe is a simple way to enjoy a simple pleasure- a sweet milkshake that is actually good for you!
Sweet & Creamy Avocado Milkshake
Prep Time: 3 minutes
Total Time: 5 minutes
- 1 cup DairyPure milk
- 1 avocado, sliced
- 1 banana, sliced
- 1/2 cup canned crushed pineapple, with its juice
- agave nectar, to taste (I use about 1 tbsp.)
- Simply add all ingredients to a high-powered blender and process until smooth and creamy.
- Serve cold in a tall glass. Feel free to refrigerate it so it is nice and chilled!
I’m always thinking of ways to customize recipes to different palates and different preferences. Not a fan of pineapple? Not a problem- you can easily substitute canned peaches or fresh melon. Anything that will provide a little natural sweetness and some moisture would work. Don’t want to add the agave nectar? Don’t worry- all the fruits contribute plenty of sweetness to this drink.You will not miss the agave nectar, if you choose not to add it.
The health benefits of milk are well-known and well-established. From building strong bones to aiding in weight management, milk is a delicious and easy way to do something positive for your overall health. Did you know that the USDA recommends three servings of milk and milk products daily?! So drink up your milk daily and incorporate milk into your food and drink recipes to get even more into your diet!
Learn more about DairyPure milk, why it’s fabulous, and where to get some in your area! And for some delicious recipes that feature milk, you have to check out DairyPure on Facebook and DairyPure Recipe inspiration on Pinterest!