This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #MARVELSnackBar #CollectiveBias
My girls don’t just love princesses and fairies; they also absolutely love superheroes! (I guess they take after Mama!) And when it comes to superheroes, no name is more iconic than MARVEL! So when I heard that MARVEL is coming out with new Chewy Granola Bars at Walmart, I knew I wanted to incorporate the MARVEL bars into a little upcoming at-home birthday party. I came up with a super cute party invitation that features the granola bar within a 3-dimensional spiderweb… just like Spiderman’s Web!! I’m also providing the free printable below, so you can use it to make you own invitation for any occasion: an at-home play date, a small get-together or just to make any ol’ day a superhero day!
Here is a sneak peek at my invitation:
MARVEL Birthday Party Invitation w/ 3-D Spiderweb
Pretty neat, right? Here is how this all came together!
1. We first headed to Walmart to pick up the MARVEL Chewy Granola Bars with Chocolate Chips. I love shopping at Walmart, because I am always confident that I’m getting a great deal. I probably visit Walmart at least 3 times a week to pick up one thing or another. We were able to find the bars in the same aisle as the cereal bars, granola and syrups.
2. They had MARVEL granola bars in two different varieties: Chocolate Chips or Peanut Butter. We picked up two boxes of the Chocolate Chip, because we’re huge chocolate fans. (But I think I’ll be heading back soon to try out the Peanut Butter ones, too!) There are 6 different wrappers: Captain America, Hulk, Spider Man, Iron Man, Black Widow & Thor. My girls loved seeing all the different characters on the wrappers!
3. Then we printed out the invitation file. Click here to download the file!
4. Bring the file to local office supply store to print it out. Alternatively, you could print out the file with your home printer. We got these printed a local office supply store.
5. Using a paper cutter, trim the pages to remove the excess white borders!
6. Fill in the blanks on the invitations. Remember, you can use this for a birthday party, informal play date or just a small at-home celebration with your children & a few friends!
7. Using a strip of double-sided tape, adhere one bar to each invitation, placing the bar horizontally across the spiderweb! (The tape actually provides enough strength to hold the bar in place even when holding the invitation upright, but we will be reinforcing it further in the next step)!
8. Grab a needle and thread. Thread the needle and make a knot in the thread. Starting from the back, weave the thread through the card and around the granola bar to hold it in place. This creates a SUPER 3-dimensional spiderweb effect!!
Here is a schematic diagram of how I used the thread!
9. When you’re done with the thread, bring it to the back side of the card and make a knot to secure it! Voila! The MARVEL Birthday Party Invitations w/ 3-D Spiderwebs are complete!
Here is a close-up of the sides of the bars, so you can see the thread…. I mean, the spiderweb!
It’s a cute printable that the children will love! I mean, who doesn’t want superhero energy? (I know I can use some extra superhero energy most days of the week!) Once the children try the granola bars, they’ll love them! They are definitely chewy and delicious- and they’re also 40% bigger based on weight! Most of all, the cool superhero characters on the wrappers make them so much fun for the children! Here is Sophia holding on tightly to hers!
Oh, and the packaging also includes 4 different collector cards (Hulk, Iron Man, Hawk Eye & Spider Man) inside. We got the Spiderman ones, but my girls are super excited to collect the rest of them!!
Don’t forget to check out all the fun at MARVEL hub! And tell me in the Comments below: how do you make lunchtime and snacktime MARVEL-ous?!