MARVEL Birthday Party Invitation w/ 3D SpiderwebSeptember 5, 2015
This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #MARVELSnackBar #CollectiveBias
My girls don’t just love princesses and fairies; they also absolutely love superheroes! (I guess they take after Mama!) And when it comes to superheroes, no name is more iconic than MARVEL! So when I heard that MARVEL is coming out with new Chewy Granola Bars at Walmart, I knew I wanted to incorporate the MARVEL bars into a little upcoming at-home birthday party. I came up with a super cute party invitation that features the granola bar within a 3-dimensional spiderweb… just like Spiderman’s Web!! I’m also providing the free printable below, so you can use it to make you own invitation for any occasion: an at-home play date, a small get-together or just to make any ol’ day a superhero day!
Here is a sneak peek at my invitation:
MARVEL Birthday Party Invitation w/ 3-D Spiderweb
Pretty neat, right? Here is how this all came together!
1. We first headed to Walmart to pick up the MARVEL Chewy Granola Bars with Chocolate Chips. I love shopping at Walmart, because I am always confident that I’m getting a great deal. I probably visit Walmart at least 3 times a week to pick up one thing or another. We were able to find the bars in the same aisle as the cereal bars, granola and syrups.
2. They had MARVEL granola bars in two different varieties: Chocolate Chips or Peanut Butter. We picked up two boxes of the Chocolate Chip, because we’re huge chocolate fans. (But I think I’ll be heading back soon to try out the Peanut Butter ones, too!) There are 6 different wrappers: Captain America, Hulk, Spider Man, Iron Man, Black Widow & Thor. My girls loved seeing all the different characters on the wrappers!
3. Then we printed out the invitation file. Click here to download the file!
4. Bring the file to local office supply store to print it out. Alternatively, you could print out the file with your home printer. We got these printed a local office supply store.
5. Using a paper cutter, trim the pages to remove the excess white borders!
6. Fill in the blanks on the invitations. Remember, you can use this for a birthday party, informal play date or just a small at-home celebration with your children & a few friends!
7. Using a strip of double-sided tape, adhere one bar to each invitation, placing the bar horizontally across the spiderweb! (The tape actually provides enough strength to hold the bar in place even when holding the invitation upright, but we will be reinforcing it further in the next step)!
8. Grab a needle and thread. Thread the needle and make a knot in the thread. Starting from the back, weave the thread through the card and around the granola bar to hold it in place. This creates a SUPER 3-dimensional spiderweb effect!!
Here is a schematic diagram of how I used the thread!
9. When you’re done with the thread, bring it to the back side of the card and make a knot to secure it! Voila! The MARVEL Birthday Party Invitations w/ 3-D Spiderwebs are complete!
Here is a close-up of the sides of the bars, so you can see the thread…. I mean, the spiderweb! 🙂
It’s a cute printable that the children will love! I mean, who doesn’t want superhero energy? (I know I can use some extra superhero energy most days of the week!) Once the children try the granola bars, they’ll love them! They are definitely chewy and delicious- and they’re also 40% bigger based on weight! Most of all, the cool superhero characters on the wrappers make them so much fun for the children! Here is Sophia holding on tightly to hers!
Oh, and the packaging also includes 4 different collector cards (Hulk, Iron Man, Hawk Eye & Spider Man) inside. We got the Spiderman ones, but my girls are super excited to collect the rest of them!!
Don’t forget to check out all the fun at MARVEL hub! And tell me in the Comments below: how do you make lunchtime and snacktime MARVEL-ous?!
What a cute idea for a birthday party invite! Neither of my kids have ever gotten a cool invitation like that before.
The invite was really easy to put together, and the children all loved them!
Thanks for stopping by, Robin! Have a fabulous weekend!
So cute! I envy your kid! 🙂
Aww, thanks Didi! We all had so much putting this invite together!
Have a wonderful day!
I love these! Such a super fun and simple invitation idea!
With 2 young kids at home, I definitely lean toward crafts that are not only meaningful, but also simple & quick to make! And this one certainly fits the bill! 🙂
Thanks for stopping by, Marie!
Super cute ideas! My nephew will love this theme for his next party.
Oooh, you should definitely print one of these out for him, Sara! I’m sure he’ll love them!
Thanks for your comment, Sara!
This is an awesome idea! Love how the granolas fit the theme perfectly.
Yes, we all love superheroes in this house, and those granola bars will be a staple around here for a long time, I believe!
Thanks for stopping by, Leisel!
Wow, looks like a wonderful party, wish I was there, too haha! And those invitation cards are too cool, love love love it!
Half the fun was making the invitations… the other half was actually eating the granola bars – YUM!! Thanks for your comment, Nereid!
What a cute idea for invitations. I am sure putting this together doubled the fun for kids!
Thanks, Kam! The children loved the invitations!!
I LOVE this!!! My son is just starting to get into Batman and Spiderman so I am definitely pinning this for his next birthday!!! Great idea with the 3D web. Super smart.
Oh, this will be perfect for him! I’m sure he’ll love it!
Thanks for your comment, Meredith!
I love these invitations, my son would love them for his next party!
Thanks so much, Michelle! I hope you make these and love them as much as we do!
These invitations are adorable!
Super cute and great, clear instructions!
Thanks, Amy! Have a fabulous day!
Wow I love your ingenuity! So crafty and cool! I tell you what – If I got an invite like that I would figure this part is going to be the most AWESOME party EVER! I would surely want to go! Great way to be sure a lot of kids show up to your kids party and have a great time! My husband loves Marvel so I need to get him some of these granola bars!
It’s true, Joely! I totally agree that the invitation sets the stage for the kind of party to expect!
And if your husband is a fan of MARVEL, he HAS to try these granola bars- I’m sure he’ll love them! 🙂
Thanks for your kind words, and have a wonderful day!
What a fun idea for an invite! I am a HUGE Marvel fan. If any two things defined my childhood it was Disney and Marvel (so it’s hilarious that they’re basically one company now!) <3
Haha, my husband and I were also huge MARVEL fans as children! And now my daughters are following in our footsteps. Thanks for stopping by, Angelic!
What a cute idea! This is such a great way to send a birthday invitation. Love it!
Thanks Stephanie! I love birthday invitations that are unique & crafty! 🙂
Those are great invitations! I think my boys are going to want to do lego marvel themed in vitations and parties this year. Last year we didn’t do birthday parties and now this year we’ll have to make up for it in a big way! Cute invites!
If your boys like MARVEL, then they have to try these granola bars! The bars come with fun collector cards and my girls had a blast playing with their cards! 🙂
Thanks for stopping by, Heather, and have a wonderful day!
This is such a cute idea for the invitations. I love Marvel and this adds a nice additional touch!
Thanks for your sweet comment, Tyra!
Those invitations are so cute and innovative! I bet the kids love getting them too.
Yes, the children loved the invites- huge hit!
Thanks for stopping by, Amanda!
so impressed! Those are such creative invitations!! I’ll have to try those new bars when I get a chance too!
Yes, I’m sure you’ll love them as much as we do!
Thanks for your comment, Angie!
This is so cute! I am starting to plan my 2 year old’s party and having something 3D would be so cute to incorporate in the invitation! Thanks for sharing 🙂
Oh, I’m sure your child would love the spiderweb on this invitation! Thanks for stopping by, Iyanna!
Those are cute. My son would love those for his friends too. Birthday invitations with a treat are always a cool idea.
I hope you use these for your son’s birthday! IF you do, please come back and tell me how it went! 🙂
Have a wonderful day, Rosey, and thanks for your comment!
Okay, you seriously went above and BEYOND! This is awesome and definitely something I can see kids getting “caught up” with. MARVEL-ous job! #client
Haha, yes, the children did get “caught up” with this invite! 🙂
Thanks for stopping by, Samantha!
these are too cute! I love the idea of attaching them to a party invitation.
Awww, thanks Dina! Have a fabulous day!
This is such a clever scheme! It’s a really great idea. I’ll pass it on to my friends 😉
Thanks for stopping by and sharing this with your friends, Aileen!
That is too cool. I just love how you take us step by step on finding the granola bars and then how to sew them on the invitation. So well done.
Thank you very much for your sweet words, Margarita! Have a fabulous day!
I love creative crafty invitations like this. I can also see using this template for making a really cool Valentine’s Day card.
Totally! Thanks for stopping by, Yona!
Those are really cool invitations. I know my kids have always been Marvel fans and they would still go nuts for these cool party invitations. Perfect for a Spiderman party!
Oh, yes, I’m sure your kids would love these invites! Thanks for stopping by, Maria!