Hearty Veggie Chili with Homemade Garlic BreadOctober 20, 2015
There’s something special about enjoying a warm bowl of chili as the weather gets colder. As we get deeper into Fall, I love diving into a hearty bowl filled with tomatoes, beans, spices and all of that delicious goodness. If you’re a fan of delicious, hot meals in the Fall, then you have to check out this delicious Veggie Chili! And if you’re planning on tailgating this season, as we do every year, this recipe has to be on your To-Make list. Simply pour some of this chili into a thermos or watertight container and take it to go! You’ll be staying warm (and totally satisfied) while you enjoy watching the games! Oh, and I’ll also be showing you how I make homemade garlic bread, the super easy way! #FallWithATwist #CollectiveBias
Here’s what my finished bowl of chili looks like:
Hearty Veggie Chili and Homemade Garlic Bread
1 bag MorningStar Farms Grillers Crumbles
2 tbsp. vegetable oil
1/2 onion, diced
3 cloves garlic, diced
3 tbsp. chili powder
1 tbsp. ground cumin
1 cup diced tomatoes
1 cup beans
1/2 cup tomato sauce
1/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese (optional, for topping)
1/4 cup sour cream (optional, for topping)
2 stalks scallions, sliced (optional, for topping)
1 ciabatta bread
1 clove garlic
2 tbsp. parmesan cheese
Just in case you haven’t used it before, the Morningstar Farms Grillers Crumbles is a recipe-ready veggie product that is ideal for using in chilis, sauces, tacos and more! I always pick some up when I’m at Target!
1. Heat the oil in a medium pot. Add the onions. Saute for 3-5 minutes until soft and translucent.
2. Add the garlic and spices. Cook for another 3 minutes.
3. Add the tomato sauce and MorningStar Farms Grillers Crumbles. Cook until heated throughout.
4. Top with the diced tomatoes and beans. Lower the heat and let it simmer for 20-25 minutes, until the sauce starts to thicken.
5. For the homemade garlic bread, slice the ciabatta in half lengthwise.
6. Toast until browned. Slice a garlic clove in half the rub the garlic clove right on the toasted bread. The rough surface of the toasted bread will magically extract just the right amount of garlic flavor! Top with the parmesan cheese.
7. Pour a nice hearty serving of chili into a bowl and top with sour cream, shredded cheese and sliced scallions. Serve with the homemade garlic bread.
This is such a delicious meal. Each bite of the chili has a wonderful balance of flavors: hot chili, cold sour cream, creamy shredded cheese, crunchy scallions, etc.
And then when you take a bite of the garlic-infused bread, it’s just the perfect complement to this chili!
My husband is totally excited for so many games that are coming up soon (he’s a huge sports fan!), so I know I will be making this recipe many times throughout the tailgating season! This chili is a delicious, gameday meal solution! We’ve been buying MorningStar Farms products for quite a long time now, because we love that it’s delicious & nutritious Veggie Cuisine! They have many different products, including Spicy Black Bean Veggie Burgers, Buffalo Wings and Chik’n Nuggets, and we’ve tried them all! 🙂
I have served this chili to my friends, some of whom are vegetarians and some of whom are meat-lovers, and everyone loves the taste and flavor of this chili! If you’d like to pick up some MorningStar Farms Grillers Crumbles for yourself, head to Target and you’ll find it in the frozen foods section.
Now, learn more about MorningStar Farms here, and then tell me in the Comments below: what recipe would you make with MorningStar Farms Grillers Crumbles?