I love salads. They’re generally healthy and if done well, they’re flavorful and delicious. And this pear & arugula salad is all three: healthy, flavorful and delicious.
I encourage you to try it yourself! I promise you’ll love it, too!
Let’s get right to the recipe, shall we?
Pear & arugula salad recipe
- 2 cups arugula lettuce
- 1 pear, cut into wedges
- 2 tbsp. mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 4 or 5 mini sweet peppers, sliced
- 1/2 cup black olives
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 tbsp. balsamic vinegar
- Toss all ingredients except oil and vinegar into salad bowl.
- In a small condiment cup, whisk together the oil and vinegar until combined. Add salt and pepper, to taste.
- Toss salad with dressing.
I love how the sweet pears offer a contrast to the salty dressing and salty cheese. I also love how the crunchy peppers offer a nice bite to the salad. This salad would be wonderful with sliced grilled chicken as a protein and could then easily become an entrée salad. You could also use a flavored dressing on this salad for even more interest, such as a nice Raspberry Vinaigrette(affiliate link).
I will probably be making this salad at least a few times a week for the near future. I am kinda obsessed with this one! Bon appetit!