Yesterday’s post about July 4 dessert ideas inspired me to round up July 4th craft & activity ideas for kids. If you’re looking for craft ideas to do with your toddler or preschooler that incorporate the Independence Day theme, then look no further – I’ve rounded up 8 of the coolest, funnest (technical term) and most patriotic crafts for kids.
Most of these crafts incorporate supplies & tools that you probably already have around the house: popsicle sticks, beads, q-tips, etc. So there’s no need to run out and buy rare or unusual supplies for these projects.
Don’t forget to let your little one have fun creating & imagining! Even if the child’s finished product is not perfect, it is the journey of crafting that is most fun and exciting for the young ones!
July 4 crafts for kids
- Using Q-tips and paint, create this July 4th firework art!
- Just popsicle sticks and sequins will enable you to create a sweet patriotic flag craft!
- Who doesn’t have straws around the house? Thread straws on string in a festive pattern and enjoy your lovely patriotic necklace!
- Beads melted into star shapes will create this lovely beaded sun catcher!
- Show off your best pictures in this easy, DIY July 4th picture frame using foam stickers and glitter!
- Make a flag collage craft using various scrapbook papers – best for a group of kids!
- Cut out various shapes and designs out of felt and assemble this adorable Fourth of July pennants!
- These crafty Independence Day firework pom poms are sure to get your little ones excited for the big day!