Are you looking for cute & creative ways to make your child’s school lunch more exciting & appetizing? This post is full of easy ways to spruce up your child’s lunchbox, offer healthful food that is not overly processed, and hopefully encourage your child to finish his/her lunch. A kid with a satisfied belly is less likely to throw tantrums, less likely to be grouchy and more likely to be a cooperative, happy member of your household.
After I share some pictures of these appetizing presentations of creative lunches, I will share some of the tools and supplies required to achieve these looks. Trust me, it’s not as hard as it may look!
Creative lunchbox ideas for back-to-school
- Using a basic star-shaped cookie cutter, you can create these adorable star sandwiches. Paired with some fruits, this makes for an adorable stars & stripes lunch.
- Packed with healthy protein, this lunchbox features cute hard-boiled eggs. How can eggs be cute? Simple – these eggs have cute ears, eyes and mouths.
- Thought a Babybel cheese is plain and simple? Think again – this Angry Bird Babybel cheese is sure to be a winner!
- This lunchbox brings new meaning to the phrase ‘sub sandwich’, because this one features an actual submarine with swimming fish!
- A fish-shaped cookie cutter facilitates making this fish-shaped sandwich that is sure to get your child’s appetite going!
- Place a piece of cheddar cheese on top of a taco muffin and you have this amazingly adorable pirate lunchbox meal!
Tools & Supplies:
- To cut out the various shapes of food, you can use these FunBites Shaped Food Cutter Set.
- The Lunch Punch Animal Shape Sandwich Cutters will enable you to cut sandwiches in these cute animal shapes!
- These Cutezcute Animal Friends Food Deco Cutter and Stamp Kit are another wonderful way to make realistic-looking animal shapes – sure to get your kids interested in their lunches!
- And of course a bento lunchbox like the Yumbox Leakproof Bento Lunch Box Container is a wonderful way to corral all the lunch components!