Coconut milk pudding dessertJune 3, 2014
I’m so excited to share with you all this recipe for Coconut Milk Pudding. I was inspired by this post but I made a few changes. I added some brown sugar for a bit of sweetness and I like to serve it with fresh berries.
Also note that this coconut milk pudding dessert is gluten-free and dairy-free. It’s also customizable based on your preferences – if you dislike coconut milk, feel free to replace it with almond milk or soy milk.
Let’s get to making this coconut milk pudding, shall we?
Coconut milk pudding dessert
- 12 ounces of coconut milk (I used a Light version.)
- 3 tbsp. brown sugar
- 6 tbsp. cornstarch
- 3/4 cup water
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup coconut flakes, toasted (optional)
- Add the coconut milk to the saucepan.
- Add the sugar, cornstarch, and water to the coconut milk. Whisk together until combined.
- Cook over low heat until thickened. Add vanilla extract.
- Pour the mixture into a square pan and chill covered until firm (several hours).
- Cut into small squares and top with toasted coconuts. Serve cold with fresh berries – I like to use blackberries!