Coconut Cranberry Jello RecipeJuly 2, 2014
It’s the Summer – who wants to turn on the oven to bake a dessert? Not me! When I’m in the mood for a dessert when it’s scorchingly hot outside, a nice cold, refreshing plate of Jello is delightful!
But let’s face it, plain ol’ Jello can get boring! That’s why this recipe here today is sure to tantalize your tastebuds. Infused with sweetened coconut flakes and dried cranberries, this Coconut Cranberry Jello is an unexpected twist on a classic recipe.
Let’s get to the details, shall we?
Coconut Cranberry Jello Recipe
- 1 package flavored gelatin mix (my flavor mix of choice is cherry)
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1/2 cup sweetened coconut flakes
- Prepare the liquid gelatin mixture according to package directions. I had to add boiling water to the powdered mix and stir.
- Then pour the liquid mix into a sheet pan and sprinkle with cranberries and coconut.
- Place in the refrigerator for several hours to set.
- Serve cold with a dollop of whipped cream!