Cinnamon brown sugar sweet potato friesOctober 2, 2014
These cinnamon brown sugar sweet potato fries are quite delicious. Even addictive, I might add! Once you try one, you will want another, and then another… you know how that goes!
They’re also fairly easy to prepare. Just slice sweet potatoes in fry-like shapes. I have a mandolin that I use and love! Just make sure to be careful when you’re slicing and dicing with a mandolin. That thing is sharp!
Anyway, the directions to make these oh-so-tasty sweet potato fries are fairly short. Just a few ingredients to whip up this yummy recipe! And the smell that emanates from the kitchen when these are baking is very reminiscent of those brown sugar cinnamon pretzels found at the mall! You know the one! You love the one! This is a much healthier version of that decadent treat!
Cinnamon brown sugar sweet potato fries
- a few sweet potatoes, sliced into fry-like shapes
- 2 tbsp. brown sugar
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- Preheat oven to 420 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Place the fries on a greased baking sheet on one layer.
- Pour olive oil over fries.
- Sprinkle the sugar and cinnamon. Bake for 15-20 minutes until potatoes are cooked and sugar has crystallized!
These may look a bit burnt, but it’s mostly just the brown sugar crystallizing! It’s delicious!