If you love Italian food like I do, then you know that too much chicken parmigiana can be fattening. It’s typically heavily breaded and fried in oil. It is then typically covered in tomato sauce and full-fat cheeses. These things taste good, but they do pack the calories.
Here is a way to enjoy this dish without too much of the added calories. You can customize how much sauce and cheese is put on top to suit your tastes.
Grilled chicken breasts parmigiana recipe
- skinless, boneless chicken breasts
- pasta sauce, low-calorie
- part-skim mozzarella cheese, shredded
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- Place the chicken on a greased baking dish. Top with the sauce and cheese.
- Bake in the oven for about 60 minutes, until the chicken has reached a safe internal temperature.