Simple Italian salad recipeOctober 7, 2012
Sometimes all I want is a salad. A nice tasty salad. A salad that’s light on calories but big on flavors. This simple Italian salad recipe fits all these criteria. It’s super easy to pull together and tastes like a million bucks. Ok, I don’t know what a million bucks tastes like, but… you get the idea!
This salad would make the perfect starter to an Italian dinner, like chicken parmagiana or baked ziti. Or if you like your lunches on the lighter side, this salad could suffice for a light lunch if you throw a few slices of toasted Italian bread on the side.
Try this recipe. You won’t regret it.
Simple Italian Salad recipe
- 2 cups arugula
- 1/2 cup sliced radicchio
- 1/4 cup sliced roasted red peppers
- 1/4 onion, diced
- Optional: freshly grated parmesan cheese
- simple italian vinaigrette
- Combine all the ingredients in a bowl.
- To make the vinaigrette, combine 2 tbsp olive oil, 1 tsp balsamic vinaigrette and 1 tsp Italian seasoning in a food processor. Pour over salad.
- Serve with toasted Italian bread.