Fire-roasted grilled artichokesApril 30, 2012
I love heading to The Cheesecake Factory, and my favorite appetizer there is the fire-roasted artichoke appetizer. The artichokes are grilled to perfection and served with a couple of decadent dipping sauces. It is absolutely divine!
With artichokes in season right now, I decided to try my hand at making my own grilled artichoke dish. And it came out wonderfully! I made just one sauce- one sauce that, I think, combines the best of both sauces.
Fire-roasted grilled artichokes w/ dipping sauce
- 2 artichokes, sliced in half
- olive oil, for brushing
- lemon juice, for brushing
- 2 tbsp sour cream
- 2 tbsp mayonnaisa
- 1 tbsp worcestshire sauce
- 1 tsp tabasco sauce
- 1 tsp balsamic vinegar
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed and minced
- salt & pepper, to taste
- Brush lemon juice on the cut halves of the artichokes to prevent browning. Steam them, cut side down, for about 45 minutes.
- Heat a grill pan to high. Brush olive oil on the cut side of the steamed artichokes.
- Grill the artichokes for about 10 minutes until grill marks are evident.
- Mix the rest of the ingredients for the sauce, and serve alongside the hot artichokes.