This is the fourth post in a series of posts about various ways to repurpose items in your home. This post centers on repurposing ideas in the office or craft room. From finding a new use for all those paper clips to repurposing old window shutters, this post is full of inspirational ways to see old things in a new way. Check it out!
10 repurposing ideas in the office / craft room- Repurposing 101 series
- Use a paper clip to eject a CD/DVD that has become stuck- just stick one end in the little hole on the side of the drive and it should pop the disc out.
- Use an old glass jar for ribbon storage and dispensing –simply cut a slit in the top and thread your ribbon through the slit.
- Use an old card catalog to store small art, sewing, craft and scrapbook supplies. All the small drawers make for perfect organization of all the tiny supplies in craft rooms.
- Use old tea boxes to store your ribbon spools side by side with the end of the ribbon coming out of the bottom of the box – the ribbon can be pulled out very neatly.
- Use one of those hanging closet shelf systems, with multiple shelves, in your craft room/office to store various scrapbook and crafting papers.
- Use old window shutters as mail sorters and organizers. Keep the outgoing mail near the top, and the incoming mail near the bottom.
- Use a toothbrush holder on your desk to store pens- one pen for each compartment. Use the matching soap dish to hold business cards or small office items (paper clips, rubber bands, etc.)
- Wrap tin cans with scrapbook paper to store pens and pencils for your office.
- Use a tie rack as a mail organizer and sorter.
- Use a placemat as a mouse pad.
For more posts in the Repurposing 101 series, please click here.