DIY Home Facial Will Save You Time & MoneyOctober 16, 2011
By giving yourself a facial at home, you can save the time, money, and effort associated with driving to/from a salon, waiting in line, and paying substantial costs for spa services. It is actually fairly easy to recreate the spa facial experience at home. During your baby’s next naptime, try taking some much-needed down time and treat yourself to a refreshing and rejuvenating facial.
- Start with clean skin: It is crucial to start the facial with freshly-cleaned skin. Use your skin cleanser and remove any make-up, oil or debris from your face.
- Exfoliate: Use an exfoliating scrub and massage it into the face in a circular motion to help stimulate the skin. Focus particular attention on the areas that get extra oily- for most women, these areas include the forehead, nose and chin.
- Steam: Steaming the face is the next step in the facial and this can be most easily accomplished by boiling water on the stove and after turning off the stove, placing your head over the pot of hot water. Let the steam do its job on your face for several minutes. Note that if your skin starts feeling uncomfortably hot, you should stop steaming immediately.
- Mask Treatment: This next step is used to further enhance your skin. If you tend to have oily skin, try a clay-based mask like Green French Clay Mask. But for those with dry skin, try a hydrating mask like Dermalogica Skin Hydrating Masque.
- Moisturize: No facial is complete without a moisturizing step. And this step may be the most important, because it is vital to ensuring healthy, younger-looking skin. Use your everyday moisturizer in this step or use a dedicated, extra-rich cream to complete your home facial experience.
To further create a memorable spa-like environment, consider lighting some sweet-smelling candles and surrounding yourself with vases of beautiful flowers. Play some pleasant music to play in the background and enjoy your at-home spa experience.