5 Tricks for a Flawless Makeup FinishMarch 20, 2017
I am definitely a makeup collector. I have accumulated quite a large set of foundations, blushes, shadows, lip sticks and so much more. However, one of my pet peeves is a makeup finish that looks heavy, uneven or caked on. So today, I am sharing some of my best tips & tricks for an even, flawless makeup finish. Although I deal with adult acne, combination skin and under-eye circles, I have found some tricks to fake a flawless complexion!
One of my best tricks I have found that really helps with creating a great makeup finish is using a fabulous mirror. I recently started using the HAMSWAN Makeup Mirror and it has revolutionized my ability to see my skin in a whole new light! This mirror is packed full of features that make it quick and easy to achieve a fabulous makeup finish.
5 Tricks for a Flawless Makeup Finish
1. Find the perfect shade: Nothing will ruin your look faster than a foundation shade that doesn’t match your skin. Find a color that disappears into your skin with minimal blending. Test the foundation on your jawline and be sure to look at it in the daylight.
2. Prep the canvas: Before applying foundation, use a moisturizer and let it sink into the pores for a few minutes before adding any makeup. Use fingers for lighter coverage and a makeup sponge for heavier coverage. To create an airbrushed finish, be sure to apply foundation all over the face, including under the eyes and all the way to the hairline.
3. Conceal correctly: Use concealer that’s one shade lighter than your skin. Applying it after foundation will minimize creasing. Using a thin concealer formulation will help the concealer glide on more smoothly. Brush on a light coating of translucent powder over the areas that you applied concealer to set it and further reduce the likelihood of creases.
4. Luminize effectively: There’s nothing like a great luminizing powder to help reflect the light and create a flawless makeup finish. Apply the luminous powder only to the areas, where the sun would naturally hit (apples of cheeks, center of forehead, tip of nose, etc.)
5. See in great detail: It’s impossible to create a flawless makeup finish without being able to see the skin in great detail. I have really been enjoying my HAMSWAN Makeup Mirror. It makes applying my makeup quick, easy and fun. It is packed with features that really help to visualize the skin and facilitate makeup application. It is made with eco-friendly thickened ABS and glass materials. This ensures that it is conveniently portable and is the perfect travel accessory for personal care. I love that the rectangular shape offers a larger viewing area than a round mirror. It even features a touch sensor on the mirror that makes it easy to turn the LED lights on or off.
The HAMSWAN Makeup Mirror actually contains 21 built-in LED bulbs. With the touch-screen ON/OFF touch button, it’s easy to do my makeup even in low-light conditions.
This mirror is perfect for applying makeup at night, in the car, etc. With the high-quality LED lights, the face is illuminated evenly to make it a breeze to accurately apply makeup.
The 180 degree rotation makes it possible to fix the mirror in any particular position and rotate the viewing angle for comfort and ease of use.
By the way, the HAMSWAN Makeup Mirror folds in three (with a separate base), so it’s easy and convenient to take this mirror on the go. It is easy to pack this mirror in a suitcase or cosmetic bag.
A beauty mirror always needs some magnification and the HAMSWAN Makeup Mirror does not disappoint! It features a large area with 1X flat mirror with 2X and 3X magnification spot design. This makes it easy to fully visualize makeup application, especially detail work with eye shadow, eye brows, lips and more.
It’s easy to power on this mirror. There are actually two methods to turn on the lights. You can either use 4 AAA batteries or the included 1m USB cable. If you don’t have batteries on hand, it’s so convenient to plug in the mirror to the computer’s USB port.
Want to keep up-to-date on the latest news & information from HAMSWAN? Check them out on Facebook or Instagram. Pick up a HAMSWAN Makeup Mirror for yourself or as the perfect gift for ladies or girls on Christmas, Valentine’s Day, Mother’s Day, Birthday, or other special occasions.
Before you purchase this mirror online, take advantage of a 15% off promotional code for my readers only: 750001OF. Happy Shopping, friends!
Find out how the HAMSWAN Makeup Mirror can help you improve your makeup game. What are your tips for a flawless makeup finish? Have you ever used a feature-packed magnification mirror?
Thank you to HAMSWAN for partnering with me on this post. All opinions are mine alone.
I don’t wear makeup, so I have no idea how to apply it or anything like that. This was a fascinating read and now I know how some of you ladies always look perfect.
The makeup mirror with lights can really help you do the perfect shade when finishing up. These tips are really helpful for ladies.
Great tricks! I totally agree that nothing is worst than a foundation shade that isn’t a match, it really ruins the whole look.
I don’t usually wear make up. I’m fine with lipstick and face powder. This make up mirror with lights would be a nice gift for my niece. She’ll be celebrating her birthday in May.
I used to have a makeup mirror when I was younger. Not I don’t wanna see close up lol. I don’t wear as much makeup as I did then either!
These are all great tips for a flawless makeup finish!! I love any and all makeup tips!!
This are all great tips. I really like that mirror. I do struggle with putting makeup on early in the morning because I don’t have good light or a good mirror.
I don’t wear makeup often so can’t say as I have any tips for having it be flawless. That mirror reminds me of one I had as a teen, I loved it.
Prepping is soooo important. Make up can look flaky with proper preparation!
Oh my g! This is awesome! I will try to do this some of this days. I need a good mirror. Indeed such a nice tips!
Concealer is my best friend! That stuff is amazing and I’m in love with that makeup mirror. It’s one of the best I’ve ever seen.
I actually love wearing makeup and this is helpful for me. I also love your led mirror.
[…] 5 Tricks for a Flawless Makeup Finish – 1 freebie(s)? […]
I will have to pass this on to my make up artist (aka my daughter) She is always reading articles in order to perfect her make up application technique.
These are such great tips! For my everydays I don’t always were a lot of makeup .. but when we go out for special dates .. I do put on a bit more. I hear you on the foundation color .. if it’s off .. everything else just looks weird.
I’m horrible with finding that perfect shade. However, I think it’s mostly because I won’t go beyond a certain price point because makeup isn’t worth it to me lol
These are great tips for a flawless make-up finish. I do believe a key thing to have when applying make-up is the lighting and the mirrors. This mirror I am going to have to check out for sure. It sounds like it has the perfect amount of lighting. Thanks for sharing the tips.