DIY Surprise SlimeJuly 14, 2016
This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #FreeToBe #CollectiveBias
During the summer, we spend a lot of time outdoors. Whether we’re simply heading to the playground or going on a nature-inspired scavenger hunt, we love to be out in the open air. My daughters could easily spend hours upon hours outdoors! In fact, one of my older daughter’s favorite activities is playing with a DIY Surprise Slime! It’s a slime that’s embedded with plenty of little surprises, including glitter, pom poms, beads & more! Letting her play with the slime always results in extra laundry for me, but with all® free clear detergent, I can relax and let my kids enjoy all the fun of summer. Thanks to this detergent, my daughter is free to be a kid!
Ever since she was born, my older daughter has dealt with seasonal allergies and sensitive skin. In fact, she’s not the only one in our family that suffers from allergies. My husband has extremely sensitive skin and also deals with environmental allergies. By washing everyone’s clothing with all® free clear detergent, my family can enjoy everyday life without worrying about sensitive skin issues. This detergent is actually ideal for those with sensitive skin! Did you know that all® free clear detergent is the #1 recommended detergent by dermatologists, allergists, and pediatricians?
My daughters’ allergies can sometimes get in the way of her being able to enjoy some of the activities of spring and summer. For example, maybe we can’t spend time in the playground one day when the pollen is unusually high. Her allergies may prevent her from being in the park on some days, but luckily, I don’t have to worry about her sensitive skin when I use all® free clear detergent (the #1 Sensitive Skin Brand) to wash her clothing. In fact, all® free clear detergent was awarded the Seal of Acceptance by the National Eczema Association, because this detergent has no dyes, perfumes, certain chemicals, and irritating residues.
DIY Surprise Slime
Here’s what you’ll need:
1/2 cup white school glue
1/4 cup water
1/4 cup liquid starch
2-4 tsp. corn starch
small popsicle sticks, for stirring
pom poms, glitter, beads, etc., for embellishing the slime
food coloring, for coloring the slime
1. First, add about 1/2 cup of white school glue to each of four cups. Add about 1/4 cup of water of each of the cups.
2. Add a few drops of food coloring to each of the cups.
3. Using small wooden sticks, mix the contents of each cup to create a uniform color.
4. Now, it’s time to add about 1/4 cup of liquid starch. This will make the mixture stretchy! Also, add a few tsp. of cornstarch to each of the cups. If the mixture is too sticky, add more cornstarch. If it’s too thick, add more glue. Keep kneading the mixture into your hands until it comes together to form a stretchy ball.
5. Now, we will combine the colors to form a slime rainbow. Stretch out the slime into long strips.
6. Twist them together and watch how the rainbow slime stretches beautifully.
7. Now, let’s add the “surprise” factor into our Surprise Slime! I gathered some tiny pom poms, clear glitter, acrylic gemstones, etc. and embedded them into the slime.
8. Knead the slime around to incorporate the little embellishments.
9. See how stretchy this is! This was actually a lot of fun to make- and even more fun to play with!
I wasn’t the only one who loved this slime! My daughter was absolutely in love with this! She was amazed at all the fun embellishments found throughout this slime.
In fact, she was so interested in finding all the little pom poms that she sat right down on our patio to start digging through the slime.
She had a blast exploring this treasure-filled slime and collecting all the pom poms. I think she would have happily spent hours playing with this slime!
Of course, when it comes to childhood playtime activities, messy hands and messy clothing come with the territory. With all® free clear detergent, I don’t have to keep my daughter away from her favorite messy activities. This detergent lets her be free to explore the world! She can get messy, because this detergent fights tough stains, whitens whites and even brightens colors! That’s a multi-tasking powerhouse that’s worth checking out!
After a quick wash with this detergent, her shirt was brilliantly clean! all® free clear detergent even removes the #1 spring allergen! Want to learn even more about the newest all® free clear detergent? Join their community here!
I love the liquid detergent, but I also appreciate the convenience and ease-of-use of the all® free clear Mighty Pacs®. I can simply throw one of these directly into the drum. I really love that these remove 99% of everyday and seasonal allergens, including cat and dog dander, dust mite matter, ragweed, grass, certain fragrances and tree pollen. Please note that all® free clear is not intended to treat or prevent allergies.
Adding these to my laundry room is an easy way to keep my clothing clean & fresh! Please be sure to follow the directions for use on the packaging exactly.
I picked up these laundry room essentials a recent a trip to Walmart. Look for these products in the laundry aisles of your local Walmart store!
Do you have sensitive skin? In addition to using all® free clear detergent, here are some extra tips of caring for sensitive skin:
1. Use warm water. When washing the skin, keep the temperature of the water lukewarm. Washing with water that’s too hot can definitely dry out and irritate the skin.
2. Never scrub the skin. Be gentle with your skin! Always use soft sponges to avoid creating irritation.
3. Use SPF daily. It’s so important to protect sensitive skin (all skin, really) from the harsh effects of the sun. Wearing lotion with SPF every day is an easy way to do just that.
4. Drink plenty of water. Staying hydrated is vital for the whole body! By drinking enough water, you will keep the skin moisturized from the inside out.
5. Use moisturizer daily. Applying a gentle moisturizer every day is an important step in caring for sensitive skin. It’s an easy way to keep the skin healthy & protected.
Now, buy all® free clear and see for yourself what makes this detergent unique! Tell me: How do you encourage your kids to be free, when it comes to messy playtime activities? What are your tips for dealing with sensitive skin?