BUTTERFINGER® Flan and a Delicious, Time-Saving Thanksgiving MealNovember 5, 2015
Is it just me or did October fly by? Can you believe we are only a few weeks away from Thanksgiving?! Even though time seems to pass so quickly this time of year, I love all the festivities of the Thanksgiving season. I have already started gearing up for our Thanksgiving party. This is the first year we are in a single family house, and so we are super excited to invite everyone over to enjoy a lovely Thanksgiving gathering in our home. In planning for all the upcoming festivities, I wanted to share with you all a delicious (and surprisingly easy) recipe for BUTTERFINGER® Flan using BUTTERFINGER® Baking Bits. Also, I have a fabulously easy way to serve & enjoy a family-sized serving of lasagna! This lasagna is delicious & flavorful- and it’s made exactly the way you’d make it! Keep reading for all the details!
Want to see a sneak peek at the BUTTERFINGER® Flan I made?
Looks tasty, right?! This was actually surprisingly easy to put together! In case you’ve never heard of flan, it’s a delicious custard dessert with a layer of soft caramel on top! It’s also known as crème caramel or caramel pudding, and it’s enjoyed in many countries throughout the world. Let’s get to the recipe now, shall we?
1/2 cup BUTTERFINGER® Bits
1 can (10 oz.) CARNATION® Evaporated Milk
1 cup sugar
1 can (12 oz.) sweetened condensed milk
1 tsp. vanilla extract
5 whole eggs
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Add the sugar to a pot or saucepan. Cook for 5-10 minutes, stirring often until the sugar caramelizes into a golden-brown color.
2. Add the BUTTERFINGER® Bits to a food processor and process until you have a fine ground.
3. In a mixing bowl, combine the eggs, evaporated milk, condensed milk, vanilla and ground BUTTERFINGER® Bits. Whisk together until combined.
4. Pour the hot caramelized sugar into the bottoms of four oven-safe ramekins or cups. Swirl the cups to ensure that the sugar coats the bottoms of the cups.
5. Add the milk/egg mixture to each of the four oven-safe cups. Place the four cups into a deep baking dish filled with about 1 inch of water.
6. Bake in oven for 60 minutes. When done cooking, refrigerate for a few hours. Then, invert a small saucer on top of each cup and flip the whole thing over so that the flan lands (right-side-up) on the saucer.
This was such a fun and delicious recipe to prepare. And by using the BUTTERFINGER® Baking Bits in my recipe, I was able to get that amazing BUTTERFINGER® flavor that I love so much in my flan. The BUTTERFINGER® Bits, which are simply a crumbled version of the classic candy bar, is perfect for all your holiday baking recipes!
My whole family absolutely loved these little flan desserts! And it was quite hard to stop after just one…
The creaminess of the caramel, combined with the crunch of the BUTTERFINGER® bits, gives this treat a fabulous balance of textures! Sure to please any crowd, this is a festive-looking and delicious-tasting dessert! What an easy way to dress up your Thanksgiving dessert table table!
If you want to print out the recipe or save it, here’s a handy-dandy recipe card!
- 1/2 cup BUTTERFINGER® Bits
- 1 can (10 oz.) CARNATION® Evaporated Milk
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 can (12 oz.) sweetened condensed milk
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 5 whole eggs
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Add the sugar to a pot or saucepan. Cook for 5-10 minutes, stirring often until the sugar caramelizes into a golden-brown color.
- Add the BUTTERFINGER® Bits to a food processor and process until you have a fine ground.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the eggs, evaporated milk, condensed milk, vanilla and ground BUTTERFINGER® Bits. Whisk together until combined.
- Pour the hot caramelized sugar into the bottom of four oven-safe ramekins or cups. Swirl the cups to ensure that the sugar coats the bottoms of the cups.
- Add the milk/egg mixture to each of the four oven-safe cups. Place the four cups into a deep baking dish filled with about 1 inch of water.
- Bake in oven for 60 minutes. When done cooking, refrigerate for a few hours. Then, invert a small saucer on top of each cup and flip over so that the flan lands on the saucer.
All I had to do was pop it in the oven for an hour (there’s also a microwaveable cooking option by the way) and it came out so flavorful, moist and delicious! With 16g of protein per serving, this is a great-tasting and satisfying meal! And it’s food that I can feel good about feeding my family!
What a fabulous, tasty option for all those Thanksgiving parties! And with all the time you save by using this for your holiday parties, you can spend more time enjoying your family and friends! The Meat Lovers Lasagna I picked up features a hearty tomato sauce, pepperoni, Italian sausage, ground beef and pork! This is the type of lasagna that’s made the way you’d make it!
Between the BUTTERFINGER® Bits and the STOUFFER’S® Family Size Entrées Lasagna, NESTLÉ® has got you covered from main courses to desserts this Thanksgiving season! If you’d like to try the recipe for the BUTTERFINGER® Flan, make sure you pick up the BUTTERFINGER® Baking Bits. I found mine in the specialty Holiday Baking display at Walmart.
Are you gearing up for Thanksgiving gatherings yet? Be sure to check out all the beautiful recipes on the Flavorful Moments Pinterest Board to get some great new meal ideas!
Now, learn more about the BUTTERFINGER® Baking Bits here, and tell me in the Comments below: How will you incorporate this delicious ingredient into your Thanksgiving parties & recipes?!
How did I not know that Butterfinger Baking Bits existed? It’s one of my favorite candies. These would make a delicious addition to my holiday fudge.
Yes they would be amazing in a fudge recipe! So many possibilities!!
My family would go crazy over your Butterfinger Flan! It looks delicious and Butterfinger is one of my favorite candy bars. I shouldn’t be reading this when I’m hungry.
It’s one of my favorite candy bars too! Let’s just say that the flan was absolutely divine! And I didn’t have just one! 😉
I love flan and love butterfingers so what an ingenious way to fuse the two flavors.
It tastes as good as it sounds, I promise! 🙂
Oh my gosh. This looks so good. I like Butterfingers and making a flan with them makes them even better!
Yes they’re amazing! Absolutely amazing!
I’ve NEVER made my own flan. I actually didn’t know it could be so simple. the added Butterfinger bits makes it sound that much better!
Yes it’s such a tasty treat!!
Butterfinger Bits! What a GREAT idea! This looks delicious! -client
I’m sure these taste as good as they look. I will try your recipe as I love butterfingers so much that I’ve been known to eat an entire bag of snack size in a day.
They are sooo good! Definitely try this recipe and let me know what you think! I’m sure you’ll love it as much as we do!
Love flan! This looks like a great way to update it and make it a little different. Helps that I love butterfingers too!
Yes it’s a great twist on traditional flan!
Yummy! I’ve never actually tried flan and I’ve always wanted to. This recipe looks easy, and I bet it tastes amazing!
You have my licking my lips – this sounds absolutely delicious, I totally want to tuck into one right now. x
Flan is seriously one of the greatest things ever invented. This is much better with Butterfinger!
I agree. These make flan absolutely irresistible!!
That flan sounds and looks delicious. I love butterfinger and I didn’t even know that they had baking bits. I will be buying a bag tomorrow.
Great idea! Let me know what you plan on making with them!!! So many possibilities!!
Yum! This looks delicious! I have actually never had flan before! I cannot wait to try it!
I’m sure you’ll love this as much as we do!!
I never knew there was such a thing as butterfinger baking bits. That dessert looks amazing and it was made in a cup so super easy!
It was a cinch to make. And so worth it!!!
How rich and delicious would that be???? yum! And easy to make too. Great idea!
I have never made a flan before but now i want to give one go! They look just so tasty!!
They are divine! Hope you try to make one!
I love Butterfingers but not how rough they are on my teeth. This flan looks amazing and sounds perfect!!!
i just died and went to dessert heaven.
yes. please. all of this!!!
I had flan for the first time ever not long ago. It was good stuff. 🙂