8 Ways to Boost your Home’s Curb AppealJanuary 31, 2015
Is your home’s curb appeal looking a little drab lately? Do you need some easy, fun ideas to spruce up the curb appeal from the street? Whether you have friends or family visiting, or potential home-buyers coming to see your home, most people will develop a first impression of the house from the curb. Therefore, it is increasingly important to make sure your home looks its best from the street. Contrary to popular belief, it is remarkably affordable to take little steps to improve your home’s appearance; it doesn’t cost a ton of money to make a big impact!
Here are some great ways to improve your home’s exterior appearance!
8 Ways to Boost your Home’s Curb Appeal
- Replace old hardware. Whether it is the house number, the mailbox or a light fixture, you can make a big impact by simply swapping out the old with brand new versions.
- Create symmetry. Symmetry is pleasing to the eye, and by placing two planters on either side of the door, you can create a welcoming, beautiful entrance to your home.
- Plant flowers. Nothing is more attractive and welcoming than a well-landscaped lawn. You don’t need to hire a professional, though. You can simply plant a row of pretty blooms and make a significant improvement.
- Install window boxes. By installing window boxes, you can create a spot to plant more flowers, bring some color to the front of the home, and instantly add charm.
- Refresh your siding. If brand new siding is not in the budget, consider simply painting the existing siding a fresh, new color. Sometimes even a good power wash will make a big difference.
- Choose a welcoming door mat. Use an attractive door mat to welcome guests into your home. Bonus points are given if the mat is seasonal!
- Paint your front door. Instead of buying a brand new front door, you can create a strong effect by simply painting your existing front door a bright new color, such as blue or red.
- Install outdoor lighting. Make sure you have a good-looking porch light and/or pretty walkway lights that illuminate the path to your front door.
It simply takes some creativity and a few hours to make a significant improvement in the curb appeal of your home!