Sparkling orange cream soda with festive pumpkin ice cubesSeptember 22, 2014
Halloween is only about a month away, and so I am always on the lookout for festive ways to bring some of the season’s themes into our recipes and décor and everyday life. I found the most adorable pumpkin-shaped ice cube tray at Dollar Tree and I knew I had to have it, although I had no idea originally what exactly I would make with it.
I also picked up these really chic paper straws at the Dollar Tree with a black and orange polka dot pattern. So I came home and stared at the ice cube tray for a bit and realized the ice cubes would look more like pumpkins if they were colored orange. And then I realized orange juice is orange! And so this recipe was created!
Sparkling orange cream soda with festive pumpkin ice cubes
- 3/4 cup orange juice
- 1/4 cup seltzer
- dash of pumpkin spice
- pumpkin-shaped frozen orange juice cubes
- dollop of frozen whipped topping
- Freeze orange juice in an ice cube tray (use a pumpkin-shaped one for a festive Halloween drink).
- Combine the juice, seltzer and pumpkin spice in a glass filled with frozen orange juice cubes.
- Top with a big dollop of whipped topping, stirring a bit to combine.