Baked eggs with bacon & scallionJune 1, 2014
This is a quite lovely breakfast recipe! It’s full of flavor, savory (my favorite type of breakfast), and fairly easy to put together.
I promise if you try this recipe, you’ll love it too!
Baked eggs with bacon & scallion
- 5 slices bacon (I use lower fat bacon to save some calories)
- big bunch of scallions, sliced
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 4 whole eggs and 2 extra egg whites
- 1/2 cup skim milk
- 1/4 cup shredded parmesan cheese
- Cook the bacon until crisp. Set aside.
- Add olive oil to the same pan and sauté the scallions until soft, about 5-10 minutes.
- Whisk together in a bowl the eggs, milk and cheese.
- Pour egg mixture into quiche pan. Top with scallions and crumbled bacon. Cook at 350 degrees for about 35 minutes, until done.
- Have a slice and enjoy!