Natural Homemade CleanersFebruary 26, 2012
You don’t have to introduce heavy chemicals into your household every time you want to wipe down a kitchen surface. There are natural cleaners you can make at home that will be safer for you and your family. Particularly if you have curious kids and pets, these all-natural homemade cleaners will be a much wiser alternative for most days.
- All-purpose surface cleaner: Mix 1 cup vinegar with 1/2 cup baking soda and pour into 1 gallon water.
- Mold remover: Combine one part hydrogen peroxide with two parts water in a spray bottle and apply to moldy areas.
- Cutting board cleaner: Slice a lemon and rub it across the grain of a wooden chopping block to disinfect and clean the surface.
- Coffee/tea stains in cups: Wet a sponge with vinegar and wipe the stains off.
- Fabric softener: Wet your hands with water and shake out clothes as they come out of the drier to minimize static.
- Window cleaner: Combine 2 tsp white vinegar with 1 liter warm water.
- Spots on walls: Use a damp sponge and baking soda to wipe away spots.