Healthy mini lasagna bites recipeJuly 19, 2012
If you’re a fan of Italian food, but don’t know how to get all those yummy flavors without loading on all the calories, then this recipe is for you! These mini lasagna bites are so scrumtious and tasty, and using my substitutions, you will never know you are eating a pretty healthy snack. These lasagna bites would make the PERFECT appetizer. They are also a great snack food or if you prefer, you could eat several of them, along with a salad, for dinner. I’ve adapted my recipe from here.
Healthy mini lasagna bites recipe
- 12 wonton wrappers
- 1 bag Morningstar Farms Grillers crumbles (veggie-based substitute for ground beef)
- 1 cup fat-free ricotta cheese
- 1 cup fat-free cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 cup pasta sauce
- Preheat oven to 375 degree F.
- Add the crumbles to a hot pan and heat over high heat. Add the pasta sauce and cook until heated thoroughly.
- Apply nonstick spray on a muffin tray (or cupcake tray). Stick a wonton wrapper into each compartment.
- Scoop a bit of the ricotta cheese into the bottom of the wonton cup.
- Top with the veggie-based crumbles and sprinkle the cheddar cheese on top.
- Bake for about 12-15 minutes, until the cheese is fully melted.