Pumpkin Whoopie Pies RecipeNovember 2, 2011
This twist of a classic recipe is the perfect fall dessert. The scent & taste of pumpkins just makes me happy!
I made a big batch of these just last week, and when my supply in the fridge runs out, I will start making a new batch right away. They are a big hit around these parts!
Pumpkin Whoopie Pies Recipe (serves 6)
- 6 oz butter (I use Smart Balance instead of butter as a healthier alternative).
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup pure pumpkin puree
- 1 tbsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1.5 tsp vanilla
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- pinch of salt
- 1.5 cups flour
- 5 oz cream cheese (I use the whipped kind – I find the texture better for this recipe!)
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- Set the oven to 350 degrees and apply nonstick spray to two baking sheets.
- Whisk together 4 oz butter and brown sugar. Incorporate the eggs, pumpkin puree, pumpkin pie spice, vanilla, baking powder, baking soda and pinch of salt. Fold in the flour. Here is what mine looked like after this step.
- Using an ice cream scooper, place 12 dollops of the batter on the baking sheet.
- Bake for about 12-14 minutes. Here is what they looked like after the baking.
- For the icing, combine the remaining butter with the cream cheese. Add the powdered sugar, vanilla, and pinch of salt. Blend until fluffy.
- Spread a generous amount of icing between two whoopie pie halves and press them together so the icing oozes out a bit. Voila – fall pumpkin perfection!