5 Easy Ways to Save on Health Care CostsJanuary 12, 2017
This post is sponsored by searchRX. All opinions are mine alone.
Health care is quite costly nowadays. From high insurance deductibles to expensive prescription drugs, medical care is pricier than ever. However, there are a number of simple ways to keep costs under control and today I’ll be sharing some of my best tips with you. From selecting the right insurance plan for your family’s needs to using searchRX for your prescription drugs, keep reading for all the ways you can save on health care this year.
5 Easy Ways to Save on Health Care Costs
1. Pick the right insurance company: When it comes to health care costs, finding a health insurance plan that fits your needs is essential. There are a wide variety of insurance plan types and coverage options that dictate how you and your insurance split the costs. Consider a high-deductible, low-premium plan if you are generally healthy and don’t anticipate the need for much medical care in the upcoming year. However, if you have chronic health conditions and need significant medical care on an ongoing basis, a lower-deductible, high-premium plan might better suit your needs. Finding the right insurance plan is important, so be sure to discuss the right plan for your specific situation with a qualified insurance representative.
2. Opt for generic medicines: When possible, switch to generic medications. According to the FDA, generic drugs use the same active ingredients and work the same way as brand name drugs. However, the cost savings can be significant. Our family often selects generic medicines from the pharmacy when possible.
3. Consider online physician consultations: Nowadays, there are many websites that offer online consultations with physicians for everything from the common cold to mental health counseling. The cost for these online consultations is often drastically less than that of a traditional visit at a doctor’s office. What’s even better is that there is no need to deal with traffic or parking- simply log on and speak with a physician right away.
4. Practice preventive care: One of the best ways to keep medical costs down is to practice preventive care. Visiting the doctor regularly for full physical exams is vital. It’s also crucial to make smart lifestyle choices, such as drinking plenty of water, consuming fruits/vegetables, exercising regularly and reducing stress.
5. Use searchRX for prescription drugs: Prescription drugs can be quite expensive, but there is an way that you can save so much money on these costs. searchRX is an app that offers the lowest discounted prices on over 50,000 prescription drugs. They have negotiated amazing prices on prescription medicines and they pass that savings on to the consumer. Using searchRX coupons, you can see savings of up to 75% on your prescription drugs. Isn’t that awesome? Join over 10 million families who are saving with searchRX today.
Here’s how to get started:
- Search their huge database for the specific prescription drug that you need.
- Enter your zip code and the app will let you know which pharmacy in your area offers the lowest price for your medicine. Did you know that prescription drugs can vary widely even within pharmacies in the same chain? Save time and money by using searchRX to get the best price on your medications today!
- Simply print out your prescription coupon (you could also email or text yourself the coupon) for the specific pharmacy you have selected. Present the coupon to the pharmacist when you pick up your prescription and enjoy the savings!
My husband switched jobs recently and we had to use COBRA coverage as our insurance until the new plan kicked in. However, the COBRA coverage didn’t come with prescription drug benefits. Luckily, we were able to still benefit from the amazing group rate prices secured by searchRX. I simply downloaded the searchRX app onto my smartphone.
The app is really easy to use! Simply enter in the medication.
It’s then easy to find the best price(s) for that medication in your neighborhood! Don’t drive around town or call a bunch of pharmacies for the prices. searchRX does all the work for you!
Did you know that 10% of Americans are uninsured and another 10% have extremely high deductibles? Those statistics are staggering, but the good news is that all U.S. citizens may benefit from the savings available through searchRX coupons. Furthermore, consumers are never charged for their use of the searchRX coupons. I love that there’s no need to bother with any claim forms or submit additional forms to the pharmacist, doctor or insurance company. And when you need a refill on that drug, rest assured that there is no limit to how many times you can save with the coupons – you can use them once or a hundred times.
To stay up-to-date n the latest news & promotions from searchRX, be sure to check them out on Facebook and Twitter. To get started searching for your prescriptions, download the app for Android or Apple!
Now, find out how searchRX can help you save money on your prescription drug costs. How do you keep health care costs to a minimum? Are your health care costs higher than ever?