This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #PurexCrystalFresh #CollectiveBias
Some people may find doing the laundry a monotonous chore. However, with the right products and some clever hacks, doing the laundry can be downright fun. Yes, I said fun! Today, I’ll be sharing the tutorial for making Wool Dryer Balls. Furthermore, I’ll be sharing some of my favorite laundry hacks, including using Purex® Crystals Fabulously Fresh as the perfect in-wash fragrance booster!
DIY Wool Dryer Balls & Other Laundry Hacks
Want to make one of these dryer balls for yourself? Here’s what you’ll need to get started:
- skeins of 100% wool yarn
- nylon pantyhose
- crochet hook or paint key
1. Start by wrapping some yarn around two fingers about 15 times.
2. Pull the yarn off your fingers and wrap the yarn in the opposite direction about 15 times. This is what the yarn should look like at this point.
3. Keep wrapping the yarn around, changing directions frequently to create a ball shape.
4. Once you’ve reached the desired size (mine is about the size of a tennis ball), you can stop wrapping. Cut the yarn tail, leaving about 6 inches of length.
5. Insert a paint key (or crochet hook) under several strands of yarn.
6. Wrap the yarn tail around the end of the paint key a few times and then pull the yarn through. We are trying to embed the loose yarn into the ball.
7. Repeat the process to embed the yarn a few times until the yarn tail cannot unravel itself.
8. I made three of these babies. Aren’t they cute… these little balls of yarn?
9. Now insert the balls into some nylon pantyhose, tying a knot in the pantyhose between each ball.
10. Throw the pantyhose filled with dryer balls in the washing machine & dryer. Make sure the dryer balls are fully dried. Here is what they look like when they come out. They’re now felted, as the individual strands of yarn have blended together more.
Here’s a close-up of one ball. Notice how smooth and round this ball is!
Simply throw a few of these balls in your dryer to reduce static, soften clothing, decrease drying time, etc.
Now that you know how to make these wool dryer balls, I want to share a few other laundry hacks with you.
Add a Great Scent to Clothing
Want to enjoy clothing that smells great for a long time? Use Purex Crystals! During a recent trip to Walmart, I picked up Purex Crystals Fabulously Fresh, which imparts an amazing just-washed freshness into your laundry. I also picked up Purex Crytals Fresh Mountain Breeze, which is reminiscent of the crisp air of a fresh breeze to brighten your laundry experience.
One thing I really love about Purex Crystals is that they provide an awesome 12 weeks of freshness! Plus, I get a fabulous scent at a fabulous price! Can’t beat that!
Simply pour a little or a lot of this in-wash fragrance booster into the convenient cap. See the little green crystals of fresh-smelling greatness.
Dispense directly into the drum before clothing and wash as usual. It’s such an easy way to make the clothing smell great for 12 weeks. I love the varieties I selected, but there were so many other scents to choose from. Keep an eye out for products in the Aromatherapy category featuring essential oils (such as Aromatherapy Well Being & Aromatherapy Tahitian Breeze) and products in the dye-free Botanicals category (such as Warm Sandalwood & Vanilla and Cherry Blossom & Ginger).
Corral Loose Change
Do you find loose change in your washing machine? Take a few minutes before washing to check all pockets and set aside a glass jar to collect all the coins (and other random stuff you find in pockets).
Refresh Old Sweaters
Are your sweaters showing signs of wear? Get rid of all that pilling with a razor. Simply shave away the excess lint & pills and enjoy a like-new sweater!
Tackle Grease Stains
Chalk works wonders on grease and oil stains. Leave some chalk by the washing machine so you can absorb the excess oil before throwing clothing in the machine.
Remove Wrinkles Quickly
Need to leave the house in a hurry and your shirt is wrinkled? Throw the shirt in the dryer, along with an ice cube, for a fresh, wrinkle-free shirt in minutes!
Easy Kid’s Clothing Storage
When it comes to kid’s clothing, baskets are your friend. Skip all the folding and throw pajamas, pants, and skirts in designated baskets. Bonus: Kids can help put away clothing!
To keep up-to-date on the latest news & promotions from Purex, be sure to check them out on Facebook and Instagram. Look for Purex Crystals at your local Walmart store in the laundry care aisles. By the way, Purex Crystals is now on Rollback so take advantage of this wonderful deal while it lasts.
Now, learn more about streamlining your laundry routine with Purex Crystals and tell me: What is your best laundry tip? Have you ever experienced the lovely 12 weeks of freshness from Purex?