Underwear Training: Five Tips for an Easy TransitionSeptember 13, 2016
This post and giveaway were made possible by iConnect and Pampers Easy Ups. I was compensated for my participation in this campaign, but all opinions are 100% mine.
Teaching young kids to use the toilet can be an adventure. Having potty trained both of my kids in recent years, I know what works and what doesn’t. Today, I’m sharing with you some of my best tips and tricks for a successful potty training experience. From ensuring that the timing is right to using Pampers Easy Ups training underwear, keep reading to find out my five best tips for an easy transition to underwear.
In order to facilitate our underwear training experience, Pampers sent us a super cool Pampers gift box. My daughter, Charlotte, helped me open the package. Check out our unboxing video below!
We were so excited to get our gift box filled with Pampers Easy Ups training underwear! The box had a mirror and some cute sounds. My daughter really loved opening it repeatedly!
Underwear Training: Five Tips for an Easy Transition
1. Set up a routine: When it comes to potty training, I have found that a predictable routine is best. For example, my toddler knows that when she first wakes up, it’s time to use the potty. When she comes home from being outdoors for a while, it’s time to use the potty. Creating predictable expectations helps to improve the odds of a smooth, successful potty training experience.
2. Incorporate rewards: The fact is that kids really respond to treats. Having an incentive to use the potty really helps motivate them. In fact, when the child knows that successfully using the potty will result in a fun reward, she is much more likely to try to make that happen. Don’t want to give the kids candy? No problem! You can use stickers, temporary tattoos, small toys, play dough, crayons, etc.
3. Focus on timing: When it comes to potty training, timing is everything. Make sure that your child is physically and emotionally ready to start the process of underwear training. He/she should be able to communicate a need to use the potty, show an interest in the potty/toilet, and display an ability to remain dry for a significant amount of time.
4. Have the right attitude: Even if all the elements of potty training are there, potty training is always an adventure. Accidents will happen- it’s inevitable. Make sure you’re ready for them and make sure you keep a positive outlook at all times.
5. Use Pampers Easy Ups: Having the right products on hand will be crucial to the success of a potty training experience. An essential element of successful potty training is the NEW Pampers Easy Ups! They look, fit and feel just like real underwear, but they have that amazing leak protection offered by Pampers products. For more than 50 years, Pampers has been dedicated to caring for the happy and healthy development of babies and toddlers. We have personally used and loved plenty of Pampers products over the years, including diapers, wipes and training pants.
Here are some reasons we really love the new Pampers Easy Ups:
- They fit just like underwear. The 360 degree stretchy waistband make them super comfortable and flexible.
- They feel just like underwear. The outside material feels as soft as cotton!
- They look just like underwear. My daughter is absolutely in love with Dora the Explorer™, and these Pampers Easy Ups feature the cartoon’s graphics all around the pant! For boys, these underwear feature the Thomas the Engine™ graphics. These designs make underwear training so much fun for the kids!
- They offer premium leak protection. I can be confident that my toddler will be dry and comfortable during the day and night!
My daughter absolutely loved the fun graphics on these underwear!
If you have a little one about to start underwear training, be sure to see how Pampers Easy Ups can help your little one during the all-important potty training journey. Did you know that Pampers Easy Ups is the only training underwear with Extra Absorb Channels™? These channels are uniquely designed to keep toddlers dry during the day AND night. With the dual Leak-Guard Barriers™ around the legs, leaks are prevented even when the little one is on the go!
Starting in August 2016, look for Pampers Easy Ups nationwide in sizes 2T-3T, 3T-4T, and 4T-5T. Before you head to the store, be sure to take advantage of this fabulous offer! Pampers is offering a coupon for $2 off 1 pack of new Pampers Easy Ups Training Pants. See how Pampers Easy Ups can help make the potty training process easier with this coupon!
Now, I have a very exciting giveaway to share with you all! Pampers will be awarding one of my readers with a fabulous prize package that consists of:
- $50 AMEX Card
- Pampers Easy Ups
Just use the widget below to enter! Good luck, friends!
a Rafflecopter giveaway
To learn more about Pampers products and join the Pampers Rewards program, visit Pampers.com! To keep up-to-date on the latest news & information from Pampers, be sure to check them out on social media: Facebook, Twitter, and YouTube.
Now, tell me: What are your best tips for a successful potty training experience? Have you used Easy Ups on your kids?