This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of Capital One. All opinions are mine alone.
As a family of four, when we’re in the market for a new car, we have specific needs that will best suit our family. A few weeks ago, I shared in this post here that we are looking to replace one of our vehicles. Today, I will be discussing the five features of a family-friendly car that we are looking for. After all, our vehicle is not just a means of getting us from Point A to Point B – it’s something we entrust with all our lives every single day. It’s an important purchase and we want to make sure we find the right car for us! I will also discuss how the Capital One Auto Navigator® site is making the process of finding the perfect car a breeze!
Buying a car can definitely feel overwhelming and stressful. Where do I shop for a car? How much should I spend? How do I make sure I can afford the loan payments? These are just some of the questions that car shoppers ask themselves when looking for a new vehicle. The Capital One Auto Navigator® site is a one-stop shop for car buyers to find and finance the right car for them. On the site, you can test-drive various financing options, such as term length, loan amount, vehicle model, etc. I love the convenience of this website, and I have been using it to help narrow down which vehicle we are looking for. Here are some of the features we are looking for in a family car:
1. Backup Camera: Having a backup camera is essential in a family car. Did you know that there are many backover accidents, where drivers accidentally hit children that are too small to be seen in the rearview mirror? The backup camera is something that is sure to improve the safety of any modern family car.
2. Blind Spot Warnings: When changing lanes, prudent drivers check over their shoulder to scan for other vehicles that are in the so-called blind spots. However, new technology will warn drivers when there is a vehicle in this hard-to-spot area. This is a particularly useful safety feature for mom (and dads) towing around a car full of kids.
3. Bluetooth: Nothing makes it easier to speak on the cellphone hands-free than a Bluetooth system built into the car. A Bluetooth system will wirelessly sync to your cellphone, making hands-free ingoing & outgoing phone calls a breeze. There are even some vehicles with a texting feature, so that incoming text messages will be read to you, so you never have to take your eyes off the road or your hands off the wheel.
4. Easy LATCH System: With young kids comes plenty of infant car seats, convertible car seats, booster car seats, etc. A LATCH system is comprised of Lower Anchors and Tethers for CHildren, making it especially easy to install a child seat into the car. This system really simplifies the sometimes-arduous process of properly installing a car seat.
5. Plenty of Storage: One thing new moms will often say is they are surprised by how much stuff they need to tow around with them now. From strollers to diapers to baby activities and more, it’s truly amazing to see how much needs to be carried around now. That’s why a car with plenty of storage space is a must. I like to find a car with a spacious trunk, along with plenty of room in the backseat, as well.
So these are the five features we are looking for in our new vehicle. To make our lives easier, we will definitely be using the Capital One Auto Navigator® site to find the right car for our family. This website makes it so convenient to search for a car from the comfort of home … or even on the go using a smart phone. We were able to find out in mere minutes whether we pre-qualify for auto financing without any risk to our credit scores! Plus, the site features a handy dandy financing calculator that makes it so easy to evaluate different term lengths, loan amounts, vehicle models and more! The calculator will even determine our estimated monthly payment so we can find out right away if this is a vehicle we can afford!
If you’re in the market for a new car, don’t bother driving around to dozens of dealerships. Search online using the Capital One Auto Navigator® site – there are over 12,000 dealerships in their database and you can search by make, model, price and more. The next time you walk into the dealership, you will be prepared and confident, knowing exactly which car you want and how you will pay for it!
Are you in the market for a new car? Have you ever checked out the Capital One Auto Navigator® site? What do you look for in a great family car?