This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #SuperAbsorbent #CollectiveBias
Being a parent has been the best job in the world. From nurturing a little newborn in the middle of the night to teaching a preschooler how to read, I’ve really enjoyed so many aspects of being a mom. With two young kids in the house, I have learned a lot over the past five years. Today, I will be sharing a few of my best parenting tips, along with the details on why we have loved using Huggies Little Movers Plus diapers from Costco. I’m also sharing the tutorial for making some DIY No-Sew Fabric Storage Bags to organize toys in the kids’ rooms!
Here’s a sneak peek at the bags!
Now, let me also share some of my parenting tips:
- Give baby enough room to explore: Make sure the house is fully baby-proofed and allow baby to explore her surroundings. As long as she is in a safe area, encourage her to do some independent play- it will give her confidence!
- Encourage physical activity: Whether baby is walking or just crawling, make sure baby spends time each day moving around! Head to the park and run around or simply have a crawling race in the living room.
- Cuddle with the kids: Spend quality time each day cuddling with the kids. You can either read a book together or sing songs.
- Establish a bedtime routine: Bedtime can be a hectic time of the day for little kids. Creating a predictable routine (bath, masage, story time, etc.) is helpful!
- Keep baby comfortable & dry: Purchasing Huggies Little Movers Plus is a great way to ensure that I always have plenty of diapers on hand. Huggies Little Movers Plus diapers are only available at Costco! These are absorbent, high-quality diapers that are offered in fun designs that the kids love!
Now, let’s get to the organization bags for the kids’ rooms!
DIY No-Sew Fabric Storage Bags
Here’s what you’ll need to make the Fabric Storage Bags:
- about 1 yard of your favorite fabric
- iron-on hem tape
- jute rope
Cut a piece of fabric to a rectangle that is about 18″ x 9″.
Fold the piece of fabric in half. Place a strip of iron-on hem tape along the folded edge. See picture below for clarification.
Fold over the edge of the fabric and iron to seal the edge.
Now, it’s time to close the bottom of the bag. Place another strip of hem tape along the bottom opening. Iron to seal the edge.
To attach the rope handles, wrap a 8″ strip of hem tape around one end of the rope.
Place the rope into the bag and iron (on both sides) to secure. Do the same for the other end of the rope. My rope was about 15″ long.
Here’s what one bag looked like at the end.
I made three of these little bags! I love the floral pattern of the fabric!
All I had to do was hang these up on a set of three adhesive hooks in my daughter’s room.
I use them to organize some of the stuffed animal toys that ordinarily clutter the floor in my daughter’s room.
Speaking of staples of my daughter’s room, I recently picked up another baby essential: Huggies Little Movers Plus. It’s offered in Sizes 3, 4, 5, and 6.
I found this big box from Costco It was a great deal. These are Huggies most absorbent* diapers. Pssst… that’s what the “Plus” means!
These diapers are perfect for babies on the go! With the double grip strips, these diapers offer a fabulous fit for active babies!
I always have some of these on hand with me when I leave the house. I love the Leak Lock® feature of these Huggies Little Movers Plus diapers. These diapers offer up to 12 hour protection, so I can be confident that baby will stay dry & comfortable through the night.
And my daughter absolutely loves the adorable designs on these diapers. How cute is this?
Love to shop online? Huggies Little Movers Plus (Size 3, 4, 5, & 6) is offered for only $36.99 after a $6 discount and comes with free shipping (this offer is valid 9/1 –to 9/25)! Starting in August, Little Snugglers Plus will also be available in size Newborn for $29.99; it will be available in select warehouses and online at Costco.com. Prefer to shop in person? Check out this store locator to find a store near you! Look for Huggies Little Movers Plus diapers in the baby care aisles!
Now, learn more about how Huggies diapers can help keep your child dry and comfortable and tell me: Have you ever tried Huggies Little Movers Plus diapers? What is your best parenting tip? Are you a member of Costco?