This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #SweeterTogether #CollectiveBias
What does summer mean to you? To me, summer is all about spending time with family & friends outdoors! Whether’s we’re grilling for a party, enjoying dinner al fresco, or simply spending a few hours playing with the kids, summer is about spending time together with the ones you love! When it comes to a cool, refreshing treat during the summer, nothing compares to ice cream! I recently tried the new EDY’S® SLOW CHURNED® Caramel Delight Light Ice Cream and EDY’S® SLOW CHURNED® Vanilla Light Ice Cream, and they are absolutely delicious. They are definitely the perfect treat for all those summer celebrations & gatherings.
Last week, I was walking down the frozen food aisles at Walmart and came across EDY’S® SLOW CHURNED® Caramel Delight Light Ice Cream. I just had to try it!
Look for EDY’S® SLOW CHURNED® Caramel Delight Light Ice Cream in the ice cream aisles of your local Walmart store!
During the summer, we spend a lot of time outdoors. Whether my daughters are blowing bubbles, playing with chalk, swinging on their play set or simply chasing butterflies, they really enjoy spending time in the open air during summer. After some playtime, we all enjoy a refreshing treat. So, just the other day, after we spent a few hours running around and playing outside, I served us all some delicious ice cream al fresco. My favorite flavor was EDY’S® SLOW CHURNED® Caramel Delight Light Ice Cream, while my daughters preferred EDY’S® SLOW CHURNED® Vanilla Light Ice Cream.
Did you spot the Citrus Slice Coasters in the above image? That was a DIY project and I can’t wait to share with you all how easy they were to make!
DIY Citrus Slice Coasters
Let’s get to the tutorial now, shall we?
Here’s what you’ll need:
air-dry modeling clay
play dough rolling pin
circle cookie cutter
acrylic paint (green, yellow, orange, white)
clear finish spray
1. Start by rolling out the air-dry clay to about 1/4 – 1/2 inch thick.
2. Use a cookie cutter to form circles out of the clay. Don’t fret if the circle is not perfect. The imperfections give the coasters a charming, handmade look.
3. Let the circles dry for a few days. Some clays require heat to harden. Note: Please read the directions on your modeling clay to see if it needs to be baked in the oven to harden.
4. Paint the tops & sides of the coasters with white paint. This will make the citrus colors pop more!
5. Now, we will use a marker to make the outline of a citrus slice. Here is a sample diagram of what this should look like.
Here is my clay circle after using a green marker to make these marks!
6. Using a fine paintbrush, apply the green paint to fill in the sections previously outlined. This is my lime!
7. Repeat with orange and yellow. Make a whole collection of colorful citrus slice coasters, if you’d like.
8. To make sure these coasters are durable, spray some clear finish on these coasters.
I love the way these coasters came out! They’re a bright, colorful way to keep my refreshing pomegranate iced tea off the table! When it comes to summertime, there’s a few things that I really adore! One of them is iced tea. The other is EDY’S® SLOW CHURNED® ice cream!
We love this ice cream because it’s delicious & creamy! Enjoying ice cream is rarely a solo activity in our house. It’s always a little celebration with the kids when we’re indulging in some ice cream al fresco. I really love that EDY’S® SLOW CHURNED® Simple Recipes are made with real, simple ingredients.
Did you know that EDY’S® SLOW CHURNED® Simple Recipes are made with fresh milk & cream with no rBST? It’s an ice cream that I can feel good about serving to my family, since it has no artificial colors, flavors or GMO ingredients. Indulging in this ice cream outdoors under the sun is a lovely way to spend any summer afternoon!
Both flavors were absolutely delicious. The caramel swirls in EDY’S® SLOW CHURNED® Caramel Delight Light Ice Cream are pure perfection!
Each bite of EDY’S® SLOW CHURNED® Caramel Delight Light Ice Cream is rich, creamy and delicious! This ice cream is “simply made, simply delicious“.
Enjoying ice cream is about togetherness with the ones I love! My daughters love having having some ice cream after an afternoon of playing outdoors.
Want to sample some of this delicious ice cream? There may be a demo in your area! Click this link to check the demo list for June.
Be sure to celebrate togetherness with EDY’S® SLOW CHURNED® Caramel Delight Light Ice Cream and tell me: Have you ever made coasters? What’s your favorite flavor of ice cream? Do you spend a lot of time outdoors in the summer?