Disclosure: This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of Moji. All opinions expressed are mine alone.
What stresses you out?! We all have unique stressors and each of us reacts to stress in our own way. Whether it’s sweaty palms or a generalized overwhelmed feeling, stress affects everyone at some point in time. However, there are various techniques that can boost a sense of well-being and improve one’s mood. From a calming session of yoga to the relaxing Moji massage products, here are some easy ways to combat stress in your everyday life.
7 Simple Ways to De-Stress
1. Exercise: Did you know that regular exercise can help combat stressful reactions? Aim for regular aerobic activity most days of the week to help prevent stressful reactions in the future. If you’re currently leading a sedentary lifestyle, don’t feel like you have to run a marathon in one week. Just get outside and get the body moving! A brisk walk for 45 minutes will do wonders for your body – and mind! Other simple ways to get more movement every day include parking farther from the store and taking the stairs rather than the elevator.
2. Music: Music is a part of our everyday culture, but interestingly, relaxing music has been shown to help people feel less stress. Make it a habit to play some calming music in the background as you work on other tasks throughout the day. Wondering which music is considered “relaxing”? Stick to slow tempos (60-80 beats per minute) and music that mimics relaxing sounds in nature.
3. Meditation: Finding a sense of stillness every day is a great way to actually reduce the effects of stress within the body. If you’ve never meditated before, please note that it can take some practice. Simply observe your shoulders, chest and belly. Focus your attention on your breath, but don’t try to control your breathing. Maintain this state for 2-3 minutes and then practice increasing to longer stretches.
4. Yoga: It’s well established that practicing yoga regularly is a great way to keep your stress levels in check. A few particularly effective yoga positions for combating anxiety include the Heart Opener and Eagle Arms. You can search for videos of these positions online. If you’ve never tried yoga, see if your local YMCA offers yoga classes for beginners. If not, you can always order yoga DVDs to practice from the comfort of your own home.
5. Sleep: Getting adequate rest every night is a necessity to keep your body – and mind – in top shape. After you’ve had sufficient rest, you are in a better position to handle stressful everyday situations. Aim for sufficiently long (7-9 hours) & restorative sleep every night. Some tips to improve sleep quality include maintaining a consistent sleep-wake schedule every day, abstaining from electronics (phone, tablet, etc.) before bed, and creating a relaxing bedtime ritual.
6. Tea: People have been drinking tea for centuries. The act of preparing a hot tea and sipping the beverage is a relaxing ritual that should be added to your everyday routine. When you choose a tea that has calming qualities like chamomile, then you get even more relaxing benefits.
7. Moji Massage Products: Whenever we get stressed, our muscles tend to tense up. A great way to calm down is to massage those muscles. I recently tried two of Moji’s massage products and I’m so excited to share with you all the details. I received the Moji Foot PRO and Moji Mini PRO.
The Moji Mini PRO is perfectly sized to be a portable, travel-friendly massager for sore muscles. It features many small stainless steel spheres, along with one medium sphere at the top (by the fingers) and one large sphere at the bottom (by the heel of the hand). This creates a wonderfully targeted massage that deeply relaxes muscles! The clasp is adjustable and the massager is super comfortable to wear on the hand.
You can use this massager by applying pressure on your calves, shins or PSOAS. For the strongest massage, use the heel of your hand against the largest metal sphere. Another great spot to use this massager is along the neck & shoulders. For a less intense massage, apply pressure from your fingertips into the medium metal sphere. Also, if you place this massage in the freezer for a few hours, you can enjoy a nice Ice Massage! That would feel amazing after a strenuous workout!
The other massager I tried is the Moji Foot PRO. This one feels fabulous on the foot and features engineered stainless steel spheres. The spheres dig into tired, tense muscles to relieve pain. It’s really a great way to rejuvenate feet after a long day. Simply place the massager on the floor.
Place either foot on the massager and roll over. Again, if you place this into the freezer for a few hours, you can enjoy a cooling, relaxing Ice Massage on your feet! Perfect after wearing heels all day!
Now, the generous folks at Moji are offering two of my readers a Moji massage product! Simply enter using the widget below! Good luck, everyone!
a Rafflecopter giveaway
Stay updated with recent news & promotions from Moji by following them on Twitter, Facebook, Pinterest & Instagram.
Now, learn more about how Moji massage products can help relieve tension in your muscles and tell me: How do you de-stress? Do you practice yoga? Have you ever tried a Moji massage product?