I’m so happy that Winter is basically over and we are facing warmer weather now. Whenever Spring & Summer roll around, I always try to make sure that my home reflects some of the brightness and freshness that’s iconic of these warmer seasons. So today, I am sharing some easy ways to freshen up your home for the warmer weather. From installing Plissé Retractable Screens to arranging beautiful collections of freshly-cut flowers, I’m covering it all today.
5 Ways to Freshen Up Your Home for Spring & Summer
1. Use fresh flowers! In my opinion, nothing typifies Spring & Summer more than some beautiful freshly-cut flowers. I love the bright colors, the sweet scents and the freshness they add to a space. Whether you purchase them at a local florist or cut them from your own garden, adding flowers to your home is an easy way to spruce up your home.
2. Add bright pops of color! During Winter, we have mostly neutral, earth-toned (brown, beige, olive green, etc.) decor throughout the home. On the other hand, during Summer, we love to add bright pops of color throughout our house. Sometimes the color of choice is a beautiful sea-green and sometimes it’s a pastel pink. We usually incorporate bright pops of color in the pillows, wall art, candles, rugs and even curtains! It’s a fun way to brighten up a space!
3. Do a Spring cleaning of your home! In order for your house not to feel heavy, spend some time de-cluttering and deep-cleaning your home. Look through everything and purge items that are damaged, old, outdated or otherwise undesirable. Either donate or discard items you no longer wish to keep. Organize the items you wish to keep in logical groups: all bedding together, all wall art together, all pillows together, etc. Also, spend some time dusting, mopping and scrubbing to get your home in sparkling clean condition.
4. Hang mirrors on the walls! A key element of a bright space is lots of light! If your home isn’t blessed with floor-to-ceiling windows (as most homes aren’t), then utilize plenty of mirrors to bounce light around the room, thereby creating the illusion of a brighter space.
5. Install Plissé Retractable Screens! One of my favorite things to do during Spring & Summer is find ways to bring the outdoors inside! I love to open windows and doors, but I hate worrying about bugs or other small animals finding their way into my home. With Plissé Retractable Screens, you can enjoy a “bug free breeze”!
I love that the Plissé Retractable Screens offer a perfect, streamlined fit for all styles of doors: in-swing, out-swing, sliding doors, etc. They are also easy to install (thanks to plenty of informative videos on their website). Available in a wide variety of elegant colors (mocha tan, dark oiled bronze, forest green, French crème and so many more), Plissé Retractable Screens will fit in with your home’s specific decor style. You can customize so many things about these screens, including the height, width, handing, threshold adapter, surface mount adapter, and more. Check out all the ways you can customize one of the Single Door Retractable Screens by clicking here and seeing the below image!
In fact, one of the coolest things about these screens is that they practically disappear when not in use! And the adjustable handle makes it so easy to use by anyone! The doors are custom-built for your job in the company’s Austin, Texas facility. Each order comes with detailed, written installation instructions, which (along with the videos available online) make installation a breeze! Keep up-to-date with the brand by visiting them on Facebook and Twitter.
Want some design inspiration about how Plissé Retractable Screens can make your home fabulous this Spring and Summer? Then, check out their Design Gallery here for tons of gorgeous pictures of these screens in action!
Now that I’ve shared how I like to freshen up my home for Spring & Summer, I’d love to hear from you! What are your tips for brightening and freshening up your home for the warmer weather? Where would you love to install a Plissé Retractable Screen?