5 Moving Hacks & Tips for a Clean HouseholdJune 30, 2016
One year ago, we moved from a townhouse to a single family house with two young kids. Like most moves, it was a bit stressful, but I learned a lot of tips & tricks along the way. From how to prevent plates from breaking during transport to how to get your floors brilliantly clean, I’m sharing plenty of moving hacks with you today! With the right products on hand, such as Tide® PODS® Laundry Detergent and Swiffer® WetJet Mop, moving can be blissfully stress-free!
Every move requires some household cleaning! Are you focused on cleaning your old apartment so you can get your deposit back? Are you focused on cleaning your house that is on the market so you can get top dollar on the sale? Or maybe you’re focused on giving your new home a thorough cleaning so you can move in to a spotless, fresh space? Either way, with trusted brands like Bounty®, Swiffer®, Tide®, Unstopables™ and Charmin®, you can enjoy a brilliantly clean home in no time
5 Moving Hacks & Tips for a Clean Household
Let’s get right to my moving hacks now, shall we?
1. Prevent plate breakage: In order to prevent your ceramic plates & dishes from breaking during transport, use foam plates when packing! Simply stack one foam plate in between each of the ceramic plates. The extra cushion should keep your ceramic plates safe!
2. Roll clothing: When packing clothing for a move, be sure to use your luggage. Don’t let all that valuable room go to waste. Also, rather than folding the clothing, roll it up. It will take up less room and will be beautifully wrinkle-free when you arrive at your destination.
3. Pack boxes efficiently: When packing boxes for a move, be sure to pack the boxes according to the room that the contents of the box will end up in. Packing office supplies? Place them in a box labeled “office”. Packing dishes for the kitchen? Place it in a box labeled “kitchen”. When it’s time to unpack at the new house, you’ll know exactly what’s contained in each box.
4. Set up an essential toiletries bag: The first few days after a move may be a whirlwind! You don’t want to find yourself in your new home, having to search through 50 boxes to look for your toothbrush! Pack a small bag with your essential toiletries and keep that with you during move day.
5. Use effective products to clean the house: Moving doesn’t have to be stressful when you use quality brands like Bounty®, Swiffer®, Tide®, Unstopables™ and Charmin®. Avoid frustration by using products that work well, are affordable and can be conveniently picked up at Walmart .
When it’s time to give those counters a fresh wipe and get the kitchen sparkling clean, nothing compares to the effectiveness of Bounty® Select-a- Size. I love that this pack features 12 Super Rolls, so this pack lasts a long time! Also, since this set allows me to select the size of the sheet I need, there is less waste.
Did you know that these paper towels are actually 2X more absorbent*, when compared to the Custom-Size- It® brand in the U.S. Since Bounty® Select-a- Size is more absorbent, I wind up using less of it, so my paper towel rolls last that much longer!
Is it time to get those floors spotlessly clean? Whether you want to clean the house you’re leaving or the house you’re moving into, Swiffer® WetJet Mop Starter Kit has everything you need to get those floors in top condition. You can find this easy mop system at your local Walmart store.
It was super easy to set up. I simply inserted 4 AAA batteries, loaded the cleaning solution, attached the handle and attached the cleaning pad.
I really love that it’s an all-in-one mopping system, so I don’t have to worry about a lot of different components.
Unlike other mops I’ve used, this one actually traps dirt and dust so it doesn’t get pushed around the floor! The cleaning solution included is actually designed to break up stubborn messes on the floor to reveal a brilliant clean!
When it comes to cleaning fabrics and linens, I am absolutely loving Tide® PODS® Laundry Detergent 42 count in the Original Scent. It actually serves multiple purposes- it’s a detergent, stain remover and brightener!
Unlike the leading bargain detergent that has 15% cleaning ingredients, Tide® PODS® Laundry Detergent consist of 90% cleaning ingredients! Isn’t that amazing? I really appreciate that these pods dissolve in any temperature, so I can use these pods even when I’m washing clothes in cold water! Also, not that these pods are safe for use in all types of washing machines.
Do you want to make your home smell fresh & clean? Try Unstopables™ Air Refresher – it will infuse your home with a boutique-worthy scent that lasts for up to 6 hours! I love this light, delicate scent that features airy undertones and vibrant layers.
Every household needs to stock up on everyday essentials, such as toilet paper. After all, running out of toilet paper is never a good thing! Be sure to look for Charmin® Ultra Strong in the 24 Double Roll Bonus Pack at Walmart. This 2-ply toilet paper is actually 4X stronger when wet compared to the leading bargain brand.
With a soft, washcloth-like texture, this toilet paper cleans better than ever. It also allows you to use up to 4X less, when compared to the leading bargain brand, so the roll lasts longer!
I hope these tips have helped you prepare for a stress-free move and get your house sparkling clean in no time. Look for all of these cleaning products at your local Walmart store.
Be sure to find out more about how these P&G products at @Walmart can provide #CleanHomeSavings for you! What tips do you have for a stress-free move? How do you get your house in top shape during a move?
This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of Procter & Gamble. As always, all opinions expressed are mine alone.