25+ Awesome Uses for VinegarFebruary 11, 2016
Vinegar is something that we always have in our house. Did you know it can be used for so much more than just salad dressing?! Yes, the number of different uses for vinegar is astounding! So on your next trip to the store, make sure you pick up a large jug of vinegar- you can use it for so many different purposes! Here’s a collection of ideas on how to use vinegar!
25+ Awesome Uses for Vinegar
1. Got no-wax floors? Use a vinegar-water solution in a spray bottle to clean those floors!
2. Looking for a natural window cleaner? Get those windows sparkly clean with a vinegar spray!
3. Get rid of water marks on wood with a simple vinegar solution on a sponge. Wipe away water marks for good!
4. Nothing cleans the kitchen garbage disposal like basic vinegar. Bonus: It will remove any foul smells, too!
5. Got some stuck-on grime inside the microwave? Heat up some vinegar in a cup in the microwave and then wipe away the dirt!
6. Do your cutting boards need a good disinfecting? Vinegar works wonders for this purpose. I love that it’s completely food-safe!
7. Got an ant problem? Ants dislike the scent of vinegar, so wipe floors and cabinets with a vinegar solution to keep ants away!
8. Stainless steel cleaners can be expensive & toxic! Use vinegar for an effective, safe alternative!
9. Instead of rinse agent, adding some vinegar to the dishwasher will get those glasses looking crystal clear!
10. Get rid of soap scum on your shower door by wiping it down with some vinegar.
11. Remove stubborn stains from the toilet with undiluted vinegar. Easy peasy!
12. Remove built-up hard water deposits from showerheads and faucets with vinegar. This is such a simple, yet effective, solution!
13. Are weeds taking over your sidewalk? Spray them down with vinegar to get rid of them for good!
14. Adding a bit of white vinegar to your water solution will keep your fresh flowers looking healthier longer!
15. Adding a bit of vinegar to your pet’s bowl of water will keep fleas at bay!
16. Got a sticker that won’t budge? Use some vinegar to dissolve the adhesive.
17. Clean furniture with some vinegar on a soft cloth.
18. Get your gold jewelry clean with some apple cider vinegar. Immerse the jewelry for 5 minutes and then dry well.
19. Use vinegar as a spot treatment on stains on clothing or bedding.
20. Add 1 cup of white vinegar to your load when doing the laundry for a little extra cleaning – and brightening – power!
21. Wash your shower curtains in a vinegar solution to keep mold and mildew at bay!
22. When boiling potatoes, add a bit of white vinegar to the water to keep the potatoes white.
23. Wash your fruits & vegetables in a dilute vinegar solution. It won’t leave a noticeable vinegar taste or smell.
24. Rinsing your hair with some vinegar in the shower can help fight dandruff.
25. Drinking a teaspoon of vinegar with honey can help with morning sickness.
26. Renew your paint brushes by soaking them in a vinegar solution. It will loosen up the bristles so you can use the brush again.
Hope these tips help you find more uses for vinegar in your home! Now, tell me: What do you use vinegar for?